Noise From Front Left Wheel??

AznXstazy

:
Mazda MP3
hey does anyone have weird noises comin fromt he front left wheel?? because i have noise comin from my left wheel everytime i hit a bump... i think my strut might have gone bad?? it was way worst before before i took my car to the mazda dealership n got it realigned n the mech. there told me that my knockle was bent so i replaced it n it went away for a day or 2 but then it cam back but not as bad as before... any ideas??

Could you describe the noise? Is it a creak, squeek, grind, clunk, etc?

i had that problem too. i thought my strut went bad or something so i told the guy at the dealer ship and he said they replaced the bushings or something, im not sure. anyway, it kinda wasnt as bad anymore but after hitting fuel cut so many times this summer, i have the feeling my front suspension is really ******. kinda like the clunk we have in our rear suspension

ill try to take a look tonight .. but im going to the dealer next week.
let me know if you figure out nwhat your problem is

the sound is usually a clunk but lately its been squeaking for when i push in the clutch i hear it squeaking form the front left wheel. but sometimes when i take off in first gear at a light it makes a grinding noise sounds like its the sway bar bushin in the front, but not sure. the noise is getin worst now it makes the clunk noise even if i hit a little bump before use to b a big bump so it might b a loose bolt?? not sure

i get a clunk noise when i downshift to slow down. like when i release the clutch while downshifting in 2nd and 1st

i wasnt sure if we had a sway bar in front, i never really checked. i will look for the bushing. i really think that's my problem because it feels like the sway bar is hitting something.

we'll see =)

it might b my sway bar links onto the struts becuase my left one is really bent but sort of straight i should replace soon but mazda wants about 100 for the dam part wtf! for a peice of metal thats like 4 inches long.. with holes n them at the most dam dealerships

na bought my mp3 in 2001 n it has 19000 miles or so on it but the 3 year warrenty was over or else i would have gotten it fixed for free dam it wish i bought the extended warrenty now!!! o hey by the way the bushing problem that everyoen has is that covered outside of the warrenty? like i mean will mazda fix it for free because everyoen has the problem??

hmmm im not sure about that. there's a recall on it i think. or at least, they released a TSB on it (technical service bulletin)

now, are recalls and warranty the same ? i dont know

o well i cant take out my wheel till this weekend when i paint my brake calibers so ill take a look at it this weekend, but when i do ill check the bolts n everything but does anyone else have the problem?? because i keep thinkin that the wheel will fall off or somethin when im hittin fast speeds haha but tell me if u find anythin wrong

bump! the sound is back! its more of a clunk than a sqeek now! n its clunks everytime i push in the clutch help plz!!!!

I've had that evil left-front "clunk" forever. It usualy happens when I"m turning left(hard), and I'm applying the throttle. It'll shudder violently, then a loud clunk! Sometimes I'll just get the clunk though. I took it to the dealer three frickin' times, but to no avail. They couldn't replicate the prob, and niether could I when the mechanic was in the car with me. I figured it was due to the fact the left front wheel gets the majority of the power under heavy acceleration, thus when turning, the wheel just starts bouncing and shuttering, until it reaches it limits and goes BAM! Mind you my car is a non-msp. Don't the MSP's have limited slip diffs? If so, then my idea clearly won't apply. lol

not sure on that might ask my freind with the msp im pretty sure it does, but yours does it too? mine sounds like its coming from the axles because when i take left turn it rattles, when i push in on the clutch at like 3k rpm it clunks, when i push in on the gas it sometimes sqeeks. n when i put it in neutral sometimes it sqeeks, i think i have it the worst i hate this...

Oh, I should of also stated my car has a slushbox(auto tranny). I usually get a shudder, or rattle. If I'm really lucky I'll get a really loud BANG!!, as if something broke or bottomed out, but every thing is fine. And only when I turn left. I'm not sure I care that much anymore. I'll worry more when something breaks. lol At least then I'll know for sure what was wrong.

Back