Newbie to Mazda

:
So. California
:
‘21 CE Turbo
Howdy!

I used to be a die hard Toyota owner but now I just got my first Mazda, 21’ CE Turbo. This is literally day 7 of me owning it so I’m still getting used to the way it drives compared to the ‘17 RAV4 SE I traded in. Any tips or tricks I should know about? Also, really looking into getting an axle back exhaust, not overly obnoxious but something with a nice purr. Any suggestions? Also, the Bose in this thing is what was missing from my life, haha. Every time I look at it, I can’t stop smiling. I don’t think I’ve loved a car this much since my Scion tC (RIP). Now it’s time to have some fun.

33D32494-CC54-415A-9EB6-89901C2C418F.jpeg

Howdy!
I used to be a die hard Toyota owner but now I just got my first Mazda, 21’ CE Turbo. This is literally day 7 of me owning it so I’m still getting used to the way it drives compared to the ‘17 RAV4 SE I traded in.
So what is Mazda CE Turbo? Is it a new model from Mazda for 2021 model year? ;)

Love the Polymetal Gray on the CX-5. Congrats on the purchase, and welcome to the forums!

Corksport offers an axleback exhaust for all 2017+ CX-5s. They wrote a blog about it here and posted a video that includes sound clips here.
Borla is supposed to have an axleback ready for the 2017+ as well, but it isn't available yet (afaik).
Racing Beat is another option, but I don't know if a production model is available yet based on their website. This thread from 2019 details the experiences of one of our members involved in the product development with RB, but the thread hasn't been updated in a while. They reported an average of +7hp and +9tq with the RB axleback.
There are a couple of other options (HKS, Invidia) but I think they may be harder to source, and they're also more raw-sounding.

I don't know if you'd consider turbo spooling noises obnoxious or not, but if you don't, there are aftermarket air intake systems (K&N, CorkSport, AEM) that amplify the turbo spooling and blow-off sounds.

Love the Polymetal Gray on the CX-5. Congrats on the purchase, and welcome to the forums!

Corksport offers an axleback exhaust for all 2017+ CX-5s. They wrote a blog about it here and posted a video that includes sound clips here.
Borla is supposed to have an axleback ready for the 2017+ as well, but it isn't available yet (afaik).
Racing Beat is another option, but I don't know if a production model is available yet based on their website. This thread from 2019 details the experiences of one of our members involved in the product development with RB, but the thread hasn't been updated in a while. They reported an average of +7hp and +9tq with the RB axleback.
There are a couple of other options (HKS, Invidia) but I think they may be harder to source, and they're also more raw-sounding.

I don't know if you'd consider turbo spooling noises obnoxious or not, but if you don't, there are aftermarket air intake systems (K&N, CorkSport, AEM) that amplify the turbo spooling and blow-off sounds.
Thank you! I’ll look into it. I was looking into the HKS exhaust, the Corksport axle back wasn’t bad either. Thanks for the tip about the intake, I’ll look into it also. 🤩

i do like the gloss blacked out rims, surprisingly its still the regular mazda center cap, i thought they would at least put the special edition center cap in

I would check before you make any modifications if it will create a warranty repair issue.

Good point!

Hold the home button to switch between Mazda Infotainment and Carplay/AA.

Also, press and hold Back + NAV + Mute buttons down to force the infotainment to reset. I think recent models are better now, but older systems would freeze up wouldn't load properly. A forced restart would sometimes solve the issue.

Welcome to Mazdas247 and Mazda, @CarbonCX!

Thanks for joining us...Love the Carbon Edition, you're in good hands, keep us updated on your CX-5 experience if you can and enjoy the Forums! 😁

Back