New owner (maybe?) + Recall Notice!?

I have 2 doubts . Just being very very cautious .. I may be wrong also.. Just want to know you guys view

1) Is mazda hiding something ? is this the actual issue ? if it was a small issue of replacing small fuel connection ,why would they have to stop selling the hot cake? Will there be any big issue hiding which they want to inspect and analyze meanwhile?

2) After they fix this issue, still people will be reluctant to buy Cx5 for a while. So demand will go down and hence price also will go down. Competitors will be happy to see it though because CX5 was giving a tough competition to Honda/Toyota/Hyundai etc ..

what you guys think ? Just curious

Oh boy, a conspiracy! I'm sure all the people at those ingenious, devious dealers - known for their competence in all matters - can keep a secret.

I bought cx5 on 30days back. now it has 600 miles only. Because of the current recall, will mazda/dealer be ready to take the car back and give me back full money ?

I bought cx5 on 30days back. now it has 600 miles only. Because of the current recall, will mazda/dealer be ready to take the car back and give me back full money ?

Nope! The dealer will just fix the problem with the recall and can offer you a different vehicle to drive in the mean time if you so choose. Why would you be wanting to return your CX-5 for a full refund? Are you unhappy with your purchase for some reason?

Probably best to call Mazda or the dealership and not the forum... and look up lemon laws.

Probably best to call Mazda or the dealership and not the forum... and look up lemon laws.

Obviously laws around the country vary but WA state has some pretty good lemon laws and no way would it constitute one here.

Your vehicle may qualify as a “lemon” if it has one or more substantial defects that have been subject to a
“reasonable number of attempts” to diagnose or repair the problem(s) under the manufacturer’s warranty.
Substantial defects are those which are life threatening, create a risk of fire or explosion or which substantially
impair the vehicle’s reliability, resale value or safe use. The law does not cover problems caused by owner abuse or
negligence, or any unauthorized modifications or alterations made to the vehicle.
What is a Reasonable Number of Repair Attempts?
A “reasonable number of attempts” for most eligible vehicles when one or more of the following have occurred:
1. Diagnosis or repair of the same “serious safety defect” has been attempted two* or more times (with at least
one during the “eligibility period”) and the defect continues to exist;
2. Diagnosis or repair of the same “nonconformity” has been attempted four* or more times (with at least one
during the “warranty period”) and the defect continues to exist;
3. A vehicle has been out-of-service for diagnosis or repair of one or more nonconformities or serious safety
defects (whether or not repaired) for a cumulative total of 30* calendar days, with at least 15* of those days
occurring during the “warranty period.”
4. Within a twelve-month period, two or more different serious safety defects, each of which have been subject
to diagnosis or repair one or more times, where at least one attempt for each serious safety defect occurs during
the period of coverage of the applicable manufacturer's written warranty and within the eligibility period.

Obviously laws around the country vary but WA state has some pretty good lemon laws and no way would it constitute one here.

Your vehicle may qualify as a “lemon” if it has one or more substantial defects that have been subject to a
“reasonable number of attempts” to diagnose or repair the problem(s) under the manufacturer’s warranty.
Substantial defects are those which are life threatening, create a risk of fire or explosion or which substantially
impair the vehicle’s reliability, resale value or safe use. The law does not cover problems caused by owner abuse or
negligence, or any unauthorized modifications or alterations made to the vehicle.
What is a Reasonable Number of Repair Attempts?
A “reasonable number of attempts” for most eligible vehicles when one or more of the following have occurred:
1. Diagnosis or repair of the same “serious safety defect” has been attempted two* or more times (with at least
one during the “eligibility period”) and the defect continues to exist;
2. Diagnosis or repair of the same “nonconformity” has been attempted four* or more times (with at least one
during the “warranty period”) and the defect continues to exist;
3. A vehicle has been out-of-service for diagnosis or repair of one or more nonconformities or serious safety
defects (whether or not repaired) for a cumulative total of 30* calendar days, with at least 15* of those days
occurring during the “warranty period.”
4. Within a twelve-month period, two or more different serious safety defects, each of which have been subject
to diagnosis or repair one or more times, where at least one attempt for each serious safety defect occurs during
the period of coverage of the applicable manufacturer's written warranty and within the eligibility period.

I agree. I posted my reply, hoping the poster of the question would look at other sources before posting other follow up questions as the forum's not really in a position to answer the original one (whether the dealer or Mazda will take back their car).

I agree. I posted my reply, hoping the poster of the question would look at other sources before posting other follow up questions as the forum's not really in a position to answer the original one (whether the dealer or Mazda will take back their car).

No worries Kayce... sorry about that... I shouldn't have quoted your post... I know we are on the same page. :)

There is absolutely no reason to get another vehicle or even a loaner vehicle. I Believe that Mazda will be sending out emails/letters to CX-5 owners on or slightly after February 9th, as they are currently contacting us (Mazda dealerships) across Canada and the US to provide us with possible tooling and or parts to perform the Recall repair. We had a technicians meeting today to discuss this recall and that is what I know.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Damage to the upper fuel filler "could crack" in the event of a rear end collision. IF the fuel filler cracks a very small amount of fuel MIGHT dribble out, IF you've just filled up with in the last 10 or 20 kms.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Just the thought of that teardown for recall would always give me pause about long term reliability. I am no hardcore engine builder but when you get at that level not everyone is as OC about engine specs when re-assembling. I've only rebuilt 2-stroke snowmobile motors and really took my time.

Got my car back. After talking with the service advisor, all they did was remove a bolt and glue part of the filler to make sure its sealed.

Recall done and I got my the facelifted mirrors on my 2014 GT

Last edited:
Got my car back. After talking with the service advisor, all they did was remove a bolt and gule part of the filler to make sure its sealed.

Recall done and I got my the facelifted mirrors on my 2014 GT

I know just a typo... "gule"?

I am very happy with CX-5. But my only concern is the impact on resale value if I want to sell vehicle in future. what you guys think ?

I am very happy with CX-5. But my only concern is the impact on resale value if I want to sell vehicle in future. what you guys think ?

I think you have no cause to return your car or to worry about resale value. That's waaaay beyond realistic.

Zero, if you have the recall performed. If you don't have it performed it will show as having recall outstanding which actually could affect the value because the buyer/seller will need to have it taken care of.

Back