New issue...wont start

Are you shutting your trunk all the way? I notice I need to slam mine else the light stays on in the hatch area.

The manual states to not slam the liftgate, but to lower it and then slowly push it closed. My cargo light stays on after I close the liftgate until I lock the car or start the car (although I have it set to 10 minute time-out if the door is left ajar).

The manual states to not slam the liftgate, but to lower it and then slowly push it closed. My cargo light stays on after I close the liftgate until I lock the car or start the car (although I have it set to 10 minute time-out if the door is left ajar).

Well also my door open light is left on if I dont close it hard. I also notice I need to close the doors rather forcefully compared to most other cars. Must be the great seals on this car!

I noticed the doors closing a little harder too, the first couple of days I had to re-close every time. Also, I just ran out to check my cargo light, it does turn off when I close the liftgate, but the gate latches with just a light push (much easier than the other doors). Does the sport have the electric lock on the liftgate?

I noticed the doors closing a little harder too, the first couple of days I had to re-close every time. Also, I just ran out to check my cargo light, it does turn off when I close the liftgate, but the gate latches with just a light push (much easier than the other doors). Does the sport have the electric lock on the liftgate?

Yep, same as yours minus the proximity unlock. Just gotta use the keyfob or unlock on the drivers door.

ONE OTHER THING TO CONSIDER. THE pOWER OUTLET IN THE CENTER CONSOLE IS ALWAYS ON AND IF SOMETHING IS PLUGGED INTO IT, IT WILL DRAW DOWN THE BATTERY.

Something like this happened on my Audi, it was related to the battery. I came out from work after having the car (black) parked in 110 degree weather all day and it was towed. The dealer told me it was a coil pack or something in the battery that melted.

ONE OTHER THING TO CONSIDER. THE pOWER OUTLET IN THE CENTER CONSOLE IS ALWAYS ON AND IF SOMETHING IS PLUGGED INTO IT, IT WILL DRAW DOWN THE BATTERY.

Someone brought that up in an earlier post a few weeks ago. That outlet and another one (the cargo one?) have the battery mark on them so you know that they are always on.

Back