New AA \ ACP Thread (with Poll)

How do you feel about AA ? ACP?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
As the title suggests - better late than never for that person who posted on that Facebook page!

Hope you told them it's old news (wink)

I did not because Im so disinterested in these features, I didnt realise it wasnt something new. If I bought a car with it in I might use and like it but I wouldnt lose any sleep over it.

I did not because I’m so disinterested in these features, I didn’t realise it wasn’t something new. If I bought a car with it in I might use and like it but I wouldn’t lose any sleep over it.
I'm the same. Don't get me wrong, it would be great to have but not essential. Current MZD Connect is fine. I just use it for calls, nav and looking at the fuel economy gauge. That's enough for me

I put them both to the test in my recent 5 hour each way road trip. Used MZD Nav going up. Worked fine. Used it in town to find restaurants, failed me once. It took me to a restaurant and it wasn't there. Fired up maps on my phone and it was actually a half a mile down the road. That was strange. On the way home I ran both AA and MZD Nav on the way home. You can switch back and forth so both Navs were running and I have to admit it, Waze won. At one point coming up to Ann Arbor, Waze wanted me to go a different route saying it would save 30 minutes. We went with Waze and got home 20 minutes faster. MZD did switch to the Waze route once we diverged but I'm surprised. First time Waze ever worked that well for me.

I've been reading about this on an online forum and apparently hardware changes needed is as follows (uhm)

"Its a new aux box and new cables need to be run. Its not a small job, but for them, with training it wont be a long job either.

Apparently its all because of CarPlay that its required. The existing Aux unit has a USB hub in it, and uses a single USB port back to the CMU with a hub giving the 2 ports, but CarPlay requires the iPhone to be a USB host which cannot be done through a downstream port on a hub, so needs both to be independent and directly connected to the CMU"

Wonder if this is also covers Android Auto (scratch)

Has to be. I've tested it before, AA + streaming, and it very slowly drained. The first time I tested it, it drained 1% every 10 minutes or so. For some odd reason it drained a lot slower on this Michigan trip I went on. But yea...need juice from that port. I have AA. Don't need it. But I might do the upgrade just for the beefier USB ports.
"Can you just put the ports in and not flash the stereo?" [emoji12]
Don't want to lose my other hacks.

Another confirmation (albeit Australia)...

https://www.motoring.com.au/mazda-to-roll-out-apple-carplay-android-auto-113364/

Mazda to roll out Apple CarPlay, Android Auto
Australia’s number two vehicle brand finally embraces smartphone mirroring tech

Mazda Australia has announced it will finally rollout Apple CarPlay and Android Auto technology across its entire vehicle range by the end of this year.

However, the catch is it will be an extra-cost dealer-fit option – pricing for which is yet to be confirmed – for all existing models including the all-new seven-seat CX-8 diesel SUV launched this week.

The exception is the facelifted Mazda BT-50 ute line-up launched last month, which is the first Mazda model to come standard with the popular smartphone mirroring feature that’s now widespread across the new-vehicle market.

That said, Mazda says Apple CarPlay and Android Auto will be fitted as standard in all new models launched from now on.

That’s likely to include upgraded versions of the CX-3, CX-9 and MX-5 due on sale in September, leaving only the CX-5 and Mazda6 (both of which were facelifted last month), plus the CX-8, Mazda2 and Mazda3 (which will be replaced next year) without the functionality as standard for now.

Mazda says all of its vehicles sold since 2014 and fitted with the company’s MZD Connect infotainment system are compatible with the Apple and Android smartphone projection system retro-fit, which involves both new software and hardware.

“We will start rolling this technology out on other new Mazda models [beyond BT-50] before the end of the year,” said Mazda Australia marketing director, Alastair Doak.

“Mazda Australia will offer, by year’s end, an Apple CarPlay and Android Auto upgrade kit, which will work seamlessly with the MZD Connect system. It will be available for all customers with an MZD Connect system that first went on sale with Mazda 3 in early 2014.

“A customer buying a CX-8 or any other car will be able to have Apple CarPlay or Android Auto in their vehicle before the end of the year. We haven’t figured out the price yet — we are just working through that now,” he said.

Mazda acknowledges it is late to the Apple CarPlay and Android Auto party and confirmed it sought customer feedback on the technology as part of its local CX-8 market research.

But it claims it has not lost any customers due to its unavailability in models like the brand’s volume-selling Mazda3 or the CX-5, which remains Australia’s most popular SUV.

“It is something that is there and you need to move with the market. Are we seeing people walk out of dealerships because we don’t have it? No,” said Doak.

Old news (wink)

98946x.jpg

CX-5 was "facelifted" last month? How so? Maybe just in Australia?

Thursday 03 May 2018 is when we received updated model:

• Cylinder Deactivation on all 2.5L Models
  • 360 View Monitor on top spec Akera
  • Mazda Active Driving Display Windscreen projection type on Touring to join GT & Akera as having this (replaced plastic flip up screen)

Someone on the Mazda3Revolution site bought the CMU upgrade kit from China and successfully installed it in his MX-5. No AA/CP until v70 comes out, but he did get the higher power output on each USB port. Hoping the price drops a bit though...he paid around $175 to have it shipped to the states. Getting closer!

I was at the dealer this past Saturday getting my 1st gen infotainment system updated, and the service rep told me that there's supposed to be a big update coming out at the end of this month to address issues communicating with iPhones. I asked him if it was the potential Carplay update, and he told me he wasn't sure, but to check back at the end of the month.

I asked if it was even possible to put Carplay on the 1st gen headunits, and he said it should be possible with some minor upgrades.

I don't know if it's true or not, just reporting what I was told.

I was at the dealer this past Saturday getting my 1st gen infotainment system updated, and the service rep told me that there's supposed to be a big update coming out at the end of this month to address issues communicating with iPhones. I asked him if it was the potential Carplay update, and he told me he wasn't sure, but to check back at the end of the month.

I asked if it was even possible to put Carplay on the 1st gen headunits, and he said it should be possible with some minor upgrades.

I don't know if it's true or not, just reporting what I was told.

Mazda has already said the update will only apply to the Mazda Connect systems which were in the 2016+ CX-5's. 2015 and prior had the old system which Mazda is not going to be updating.

Any vehicle with MZD Connect (2014 Mazda 3 was the first to get it) will be eligible for AA/ACP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back