New '07 CX-9 GT AWD Owner from Seattle

To be fair, my pricing calculation excludes the "road hazard protection".
It is a form of insurance if you will to replace the tire in case of unrepairable situation and free plugging or patching in cases of flat tires.

I usually skip that, but it is just me.

Ahhh. I'd likely error on the side of caution and get the road hazard insurance. I had a blowout in my Audi a few years ago and by the time I pulled over, the tire was a complete loss.

I also seem to get a couple of flat tires each year. My suburban neighborhood is filled with kids making secret forts and what not in the adjacent forest, so it's not unusual to see some kid on a bike with a hammer in one hand and a bag of nails in the other....naturally leaving a trail of nails along the way from a hole in the bottom of the bag.

Over the years I have always been able to take the printed Tirerack cost sheet to Discount Tire, and they beat or match the price.

Over the years I have always been able to take the printed Tirerack cost sheet to Discount Tire, and they beat or match the price.

Do they carry the Parada's? We have an America's Tire Company here and I think they're the same company. I still haven't figured out what I'm going to do for next winter with these fricking Duellers. I know I would have been stranded with them on this winter when we got mad amounts of snow here in P-Town.

Force-1,
I did that once since I couldn't wait.
Wheelworks also match tirerack.com pricing, at least the one close to me.
However, from TireRack.com, you don't pay tax (shipped from out of state) but you pay S&H.
For tires, S&H and Tax (for CA) may come out to be on par in amount. For other state, S&H could be cost more than sales tax.
Therefore, it is a choice one has to make.
Tirerack.com does carry many more choices.
You probably get more protection from Discount Tires since they are local.
(American Tire = Discount Tire, now)

In any case, tirerack.com's consumer review system is a good reference for choosing a right tire for your driving needs.

While I'm not a CX-9 guy, I'm a fellow Mazdanian (?) and can really appreciate others taking such interest in their autos. I'm glad you enjoy it! Welcome to the family.

Discount actually has a much better selection, since they can buy beyond their normal inventory, both for wheels and tires.

I was able to get prices for wheels I couldn't find anyplace else.

I also think they will back the tires they install better since you are buying from them, instead of an online store.

What make and model (specifics, please) would be considered the "Gold Standard" for all-season 20" wheels appropriate for my CX-9?

I usually start off by researching the Gold Standard, then work backward from there searching for the best all-around value.

Attachments

• Tire Rack Ratings.jpg
    Tire Rack Ratings.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 144
The Parada is an awesome tire, especially given the lack of selection in this size. Excuse my condor, but I wouldn't pay $10.50 for the Bridgestones, let alone $1,050. Plus, the Parada is a respectable all-season tire. Toyo makes a tire in the OE size as well, at least one member here is running those. They're not my first choice, but anything is better than the factory Bridgestone, in my opinion.

Back