Neutral Safety Switch

:
2002 MazdaSpeed
Does the CX-9 have a Neutral Safety Switch? I have an intermittent no start no crank. Put it in neutral and will start. Only happens periodically.

This may be the sensor that detects the car is in park. Had that issue on a mazda 3. Car wouldn’t know it was in park so the engine wouldn’t crank when turning the key.

This may be the sensor that detects the car is in park. Had that issue on a mazda 3. Car wouldn’t know it was in park so the engine wouldn’t crank when turning the key.
I agree, but I can't find the Neutral Safety Switch for a CX-9.

Right, just realized that the neutral safety switch was controlling both the park and neutral function. Not sure which year your CX-9 is, there is a full workshop manual online here for a 2008 model here: https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/ind...-repair-service-manual.123794870/post-6606002

I had it repaired in the shop, but if I recall, on my mazda 3, the issue was not with the neutral safety switch but with the selector cable which would seize from time to time when going into back into park. Hopefully that helps, sorry I can't be more precise.

Back