NEPOC/NETC Cruise Feeler | Connecticut!

NETC_Redd

:
2017 Volkswagen GLI
WHO: NEPOC of course, as well as the club I run, since they're itching for a meet. They are a GREAT group of guys with some pretty sweet rides.

WHAT: A cruise around northwestern CT topped off by a BBQ?

WHERE: Open for debate, there are quite a few state parks in the area and some GREAT roads. 318, 44, old rt 8 just to name the major ones.

WHEN: I'm looking at dates, and May would probably be best...the 16th or 17th? Gives a weekend after OCC to not be doing car things, and isn't Memorial Day weekend.

Lemme know what you think :D

Last edited:
Dennis Hill, a 240 acre estate, was gifted to the State of Connecticut in 1935 by Dr. Frederick Shepard Dennis, a noted New York surgeon. A unique summit pavilion (formerly summer residence), located at an elevation of 1627 feet, is a popular attraction. Haystack Mountain, Mt. Greylock, the Green Mountains, and a portion of the State of New Hampshire can be readily seen from the summit.

Services:
Picnic Shelter, (H) Gravel and Grass Parking

Charge:
None

More pictures:
http://public.fotki.com/GCDOUGHERTY/ct_state_parks/dennis-hill-state-p/

Hope this helps!

Last edited:
It doesn't look like you can drive to the top...only hiking?

Not sure, I'd like to plan at a place where we can park and cook right there.

It doesn't look like you can drive to the top...only hiking?

Not sure, I'd like to plan at a place where we can park and cook right there.

You can park up top. I do. I don't know if you looked at the second link but you can clearly see a vehicle parked at the top. You'll also notice some picnic tables inside along with an area to bbq.

Last edited:
This park is a "walk-in" facility with limited parking available at the entrance. On weekends during the month of October the interior road is open to vehicles.

quote from the site.

I'll check it out next time I'm in CT...but iunno.

Get over yourselves and please try to be helpful and let me know if you're going, please.

Thanks! :D

I really need a new calendar to put all these dates down on or I swear I am going to overlap the crap out of something.

it's called gmail calendar. I use it to keep track of EVERYTHING and it syncs to ipod and crackberry. I can also use it to post public info...such as the calendar for the car club.

Back