NEPOC 2009 Schedule

altspace

Contributor
:
1990 RX-7 Turbo II
Feel free to post your ideas and suggestions for meets and events. I'll update this first post with all final listings.
Let's keep on zooming!
------------------------------------------------------------------

Spring Clean 09'
When: 4/25
Time: 9 - 5
Where: 6 Apple Lane, West Bridgewater
What to bring: All your cleaning and detail supplies/tools/drinks
Details: http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123735308

Orange County Choppers
May 2+3
Two day event.
Details: http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123734134

Lime Rock Park-Mazda Corral
Memorial Day Weekend
May 22-25
Details: http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123739098

Concorso Ferrari Charity Event
Connecticut State Capitol Building
Hartford, CT
June 21 (Fathers Day)
11:00 am-4:00 pm

Cape Cod BBQ Meet
Date: July 11th
The Initial Game Plan:
- Early morning meet at the Cape Cod canal.
- Drive and photoshoot opportunity on Rt.6 (great for motion shots)
- Mini Golf at Pirate's Cove.
- My house for BBQ and Beer. (There's a liquor store down the street from me.)
- Beach photoshoot (if time allowed)
Details: http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123738852

Whaling City Festival Auto Show
Date: Sunday, July 12th
Registration opens at 8AM
Cost: $15
Veterans' Memorial Buttonwood Park
New Bedford, Massachusetts

2009 New England Rally
1500 miles - 6 States - 3 days
July 31 - August 2nd
$600 entry
http://newenglandrally.com

Orange County Choppers Mid-Summer Showdown
August 8th - 9th 2009
Registration will start at 9am on both days
Show will start at 12pm on both days
Registration is $20. This covers both days. Registration fee does not change if you only plan on staying 1 day.
Proceeds will go to a local Breast Cancer Charity.

Import Evolution
Date: August 9
$60 Registration fee (ouch!...maybe not.)
50 Foster St
Worcester, MA 01608
http://www.import-evolution.com

Summer Send Off 5 - Car Show (All imports)
Ledgewood Place, Rockland, MA.
Date: August 16
MySpace

First Annual Copeland Custom Car Show (Same folks that run Summer Send Off)
Date: Sunday. Sept. 6th
Brockton, MA

4th Annual Car Show (Girls, Girls, Girls)
Date: Sept. 12th
Centerfolds, North Oxford, MA

Boston:Cars and Copters
Date: Sept. 20th
Time: 9AM
Plymouth Municipal Airport

OCC Fall Run 2009
Date Oct. 17 + 18
More info: http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123753159

Last edited:
Motorsport Activities!

I declare this post Oleg's motorsport events listings! I won't list the whole year out in advance, but the next several events.

I will link each event to a thread as things happen.

Autocross

Renegade Miata Club Autocross
My favorite club, all Mazdas welcome, first time no membership required, 2nd time Renegade Miata membership required (also some other memberships accepted). See past event threads for info: 1, 2, 3, 4.

Upcoming dates (source & info):

Sunday, April 19 - thread here!
Saturday, June 27 - no thread
Sunday, July 5 - no thread
Saturday, July 18 - no thread

Boston BMW CCA
Great club to run with, but for regular autocross events they require BMW CCA membership ($40) and the events fill up quickly. Upcoming BMW CCA autocross events (source):

Sunday, April 26 - Autocross
Saturday-Sunday, May 9-10 - EVO school (no membership required)
Sunday, May 24 - Autocross
Sunday, June 14 - Test & Tune (no membership required)

EVO school is a great way to jumpstart your autocross and performance driving skills. See my thread from last year. School info. Boston BMW CCA puts on the event in the Boston area for everyone (no membership required).

SCCA New England Region
No 2009 schedule posted yet. SCCA membership required. Info.

Track Days

If you want to drive balls out on a racetrack, an HPDE day (High Performance Driver's Education) is a great way to do it. In most all clubs, you get 1-on-1 instruction the whole day, about 1 hr or more of track time, and costs typically range between $200-$300. It's fairly safe, but your car will not be insured by your auto insurance.

Boston BMW CCA

This club charges only $90 for your first track day! $190 afterwards. A visit to their "Advanced Driving Skills School" is required beforehand though. A great club to run with, very well organized, great instructors, conservative rules (two spins--you out). Information on these "driving schools." Upcoming dates (source):

Wednesday, May 20. Driving School at NHMS (tentative).
Friday, June 5. Driving School at NHMS.
Sunday-Monday, June 5-6. Driving School at NHMS.
Friday-Sunday, August 7-9. Bimmers Across the Border XI Driving School at Le Circuit Mont Tremblant, Canada. (My thread on Mont Tremblant from last year. With awesome in it.)

COM Sports Car Club

COM Sports Car Club is a local club that I've heard good things about and is more forgiving of your missteps on the track. You run with instructors untimed like a regular HPDE format, but they do have a time trials section, where you can actually set some lap times. I haven't gone with this club, so I can't say much more. Though sounds like a good option.

No 2009 dates yet.

Sports Car Driving Association

Pricier than others, but last year they ran at Lime Rock, whereas not many other clubs did. HDPE format w/ instructors. Information.

No 2009 dates yet.

Other Events

Ice racing events for 08-09 winter season shall be posted as they happen (at the mercy of the weather).

I'll be monitoring Boston BMW CCA and Sports Car Club of Vermont for ice time trial opportunities.

Boston BMW CCA also runs an Advanced Driving Skills School, where you get to practice understeer, oversteer on a wet skidpad (be your own dorifto hero), threshold braking, emergency lane changes, etc. No dates for these events announced yet, but they typically occur just before their track days.

Last edited:
My event schedule:

Renegade Miata Club Autocross

April 19th - beat up on Oleg, James & Marc.
June 27th - beat up on Marc, James & Oleg.
July 5th - Stay home, float in the pool, drink some beers, let one of them win.
July 18th - Back to beating them again!

R-Comps, huh? hmm... i heard those magically get slices in them right before race time... you might be better off putting street tires on them, you're more then welcome to use my old tires. they still have tread...

R-Comps, huh? hmm... i heard those magically get slices in them right before race time... you might be better off putting street tires on them, you're more then welcome to use my old tires. they still have tread...

I won't upgrade the struts this year so there will be plenty of body roll, I will probably get sea sick.

lol Wow all I hear is trash talk here. Bob..AND James. You all know you're going to be trashed right? With my new tires and suspension swap coming... :x BTW Bob..Got any pics of those wheels with R compounds? I want to see em!!!

Also, on my blog guys under Jan 1st.. I have a nice list of ALL the events in one..and once SCCA posts up their dates...it'll be on there too.

lol Wow all I hear is trash talk here. Bob..AND James. You all know you're going to be trashed right? With my new tires and suspension swap coming... :x BTW Bob..Got any pics of those wheels with R compounds? I want to see em!!!

Also, on my blog guys under Jan 1st.. I have a nice list of ALL the events in one..and once SCCA posts up their dates...it'll be on there too.

No trash talking here, just stating the obvious. I am just waiting for you young guys to finally hand it to this old guy. Tires are not mounted yet, won't be until March. The wife is not to happy about me keeping them nice and warm for the winter in the house. Four tires and a piece of plywood make a nice redneck coffe table. SCCA/NER events will be posted usually after the annual meeting which is 1/24. Remember this year the RX-8 can be classed in STX not in STU depending on what you have done.

Wow...Hmmm.. Should I be attending this annual meeting Bob? Where do I find out about this? BTW, would coilovers, 4 point strut bars front and rear, sway bars with new endlinks throw me in STX?

Wow...Hmmm.. Should I be attending this annual meeting Bob? Where do I find out about this? BTW, would coilovers, 4 point strut bars front and rear, sway bars with new endlinks throw me in STX?

SCCA/NER annual meeting is for the B.O.D. and members, I am going to the awards dinner on the 24th. Really no need to go unless your getting an award, $80 for dinner!!!!

As for your mods: coilovers, swaybars and endlinks are okay for STX but please don't quote me. As for the 4point struts? That may move you into Street Prepared or Street Mod. I would check the SCCA website and look up the rules or go on the RX8Club and ask that question there. List all your mods and someone will answer you pretty quick.

Sounds like you definetly invested some $$$, would love to try a fun run in your car for comparison this season.

lol you'll get plenty of fun runs my friend. :) New job at MIT takes good care of me. But yeah...got that stuff either coming or about to be ordered. Haven't decided what else I'm going to get before season starts but we'll see.

When should I join the SCCA club and all that jazz, or just show up the first event nice and early?

lol you'll get plenty of fun runs my friend. :) New job at MIT takes good care of me. But yeah...got that stuff either coming or about to be ordered. Haven't decided what else I'm going to get before season starts but we'll see.

When should I join the SCCA club and all that jazz, or just show up the first event nice and early?

Great to hear about the new job!!!! Congrats! Show up at the first event they usually offer dicounts on the memeberships. Or you could just join ahead of time and then you can register for events online. Check their website www.ner.org I believe the first event is set for April 5th.

Not bad. I'll probably just join ahead of time. Man I can't wait for this year~
Thanks for the congrats. :D

Latest posts

Back