NEMOC Random BS Thread

Just dropped the new tires off at the garage today. Waiting for our Miata groups 1st tech nite so I can install them.

Nice Bruce. My reading comprehension isn't what it used to be. I thought you had the tires mounted when you bought them during your trip.

Cool. I'm good for the 4th if you still plan on having it Saturday. The local Miata club is having a fun run on the 11th heading to the Poconos. They do this run every year on a Sunday and use the local Mazda dealer as the starting point. This year the dealer has agreed to let us come in during working hours on Saturday to group and then head out. I think it's a pretty good marketing move on their part.

Nice Bruce. My reading comprehension isn't what it used to be. I thought you had the tires mounted when you bought them during your trip.

Hi Jeff, no I picked them up at the Tire Rack Facility in GA. They do not have any facilities for mounting tires. Thru my Ottawa Miata group I have access to a mechanics garage and I mount and balance them myself.

Okay, I'll check withe the landlords and see if that works

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I could host if you don't mind the drive. I'll need help on the REPU around June when the intake and other parts finally arrive.

I could host if you don't mind the drive. I'll need help on the REPU around June when the intake and other parts finally arrive.

mind a drive in the miata, never! bit of a haul for jeffy...but hey, whats another 1.30??? maybe we could get bruce to drive down from the frozen tundra?

Freshened up the suspension on the RX7 today. Forgot how much a hassle spring compressors are. Car sits exactly the same right now, which tells you how worn out the springs were. The front shocks were completely blown. I could push them in by hand with no effort. I did a quick test drive and it feels sooooo much better. I flushed the brake fluid as well since I have no idea the last time it was done. Next I'll have to pick up some RB sway bars.

ad92add6415149208eaf7a71824a7511.jpg

5881d72b999e4ae28f3ad3b7c2728e58.jpg

06783b941825c87ad5bf6b26c0670dd3.jpg

Looks clean Chris.

Had a quick 30 min track day today. Really got to push the car and test out the header, tune, and door bushings. Car was awesome, rev limit is higher and with the header more torque. Old tires are toast now.

Yes Chris, noisy, flatulent, and that horrible VR colour. I hear that msm owners can be a pain as well.

Must be getting old. Checked my log for the last oil change, I normally change every 5000 miles. Was almost 10k since the last one. Had to do a quick change before the lapping event.

Next up tires. Now where did I put the new ones.

I'm in need of new rubber also. Checked the DOT code on my tires. They're from 2007. Not many options for 13" except for barely dot legal track day tires like the Toyo R888 and low grip all seasons like the Kuhmo Solus. I did find the Federal 595 UHP though so might try those out. 205 instead of 185 so will be quite meaty on the stock rims.

Mark, you are only 1.5 hours from the moon? (dunno) (lol) I've never been to the Cape, why not make 2016 the year I visit? hahahahaha

Suspension is looking good Chris. I'm researching myself to see what set-up I want to go with. There's a new vendor on m.net that has a heckuva deal going right now that I might just have to jump on. Those Federals will be nice and meaty, what is the sidewall for each?

I just swapped out the winter tires on the P5 and got a bit upset with myself for not checking the DOT code sooner. They have at least one more season left on them but the code is from 2007 and I bought them from a "reputable" tire dealer in town back in 2011. So looks like I'll be buying two sets of winter tires this Fall. Well, if the P5 is still on the road.

Bruce, what is your limit for time spent in the US? Time to make some friends at the border who will "roll back" that date stamp. lol

The Federals are 205/60R13 instead of 185/70R13. About 1/2" shorter in diameter. Trying to decide if I want to bother or just store these wheels and put some aftermarket wheels on that are 14 or 15.

I love these 1-takes. Seems about spot on for the MSM.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgTgDsOA-ZM&feature=em-subs_digest
as an owner, yes...i like that guy his reviews while driving are always pretty good/honest...bruce couldn't even get in my car...not for the tall or big guys...
Yes Chris, noisy, flatulent, and that horrible VR colour. I hear that msm owners can be a pain as well.

Must be getting old. Checked my log for the last oil change, I normally change every 5000 miles. Was almost 10k since the last one. Had to do a quick change before the lapping event.

Next up tires. Now where did I put the new ones.
must be?????
Looks clean Chris.

Had a quick 30 min track day today. Really got to push the car and test out the header, tune, and door bushings. Car was awesome, rev limit is higher and with the header more torque. Old tires are toast now.
where was this bruce? glad to hear the old girl is working well! how many miles now? i've developed a weeping front main seal...i'm going to watch and and repair over the winta...it's time for another timing belt anyway 120K

Back