NEMOC Random BS Thread

haha...not mine, but is for sale. i was going to part it out, figured i could make a few more bucks , but i don;t have any time or garage any longer. i'll email you back

Hey guys, I know some of you are doing the auto show tomorrow (wish I could go too).
I wanted to let you all know that a couple of the Celtics dancers will be at our dealership (KIA of Cape Cod) from noon until 2pm. :D
The 1986 NBA Trophy will be here and the dancers will be signing autographs and posing for photos!
Let me know if anyone can make it.

Morning all. Happy Monday for those of you working.

Damn Pats losing again!! Looked good in the 1st half but Ravens blew them away in the 2nd.

Looking forward to Daytona this weekend.

tomorrow will be the day i give my two weeks notice. getting super worried about how itll go down, especially since i have to come in late wednesday due to a physical first thing in the morning (need an excuse for that too). i dont think a bridge will get burned, but at least warmed up a little bit

I hear ya, I might need to have an interesting discussion myself in a couple of months. We'll see. Hopefully nothing gets burned.

eh.. it is never easy.. here's how it has gone for me:

First job out of college: Got screamed at for having poor business ethics, because I addressed my resignation letter "to whom it may concern." I'm not going to make 321 copies of a resignation letter and address them personally.

Next: Left job after 5 years, grew out of role, and the fact that my department supervisor was a complete knob. Gave two weeks, went fine with my actual boss. He was happy for me. I still talk to him. Great guy. Department manager threw a fit and called me all sorts of fun names (both in meetings and through email.. note: never piss off your IT guy.. He knows things). What she didn't know was that I had saved up 2 years of vacation, and took the place for 10 grand when I left. (Helloooooo new central air system).

Last: Only was at the job for 7 months. It was a bit of a resume mistake. I left to go to my current job. Gave my two weeks on a Friday. My boss took it personally and said some things he probably shouldn't have. The best part was, they paid me to sit at home for the rest of my two weeks :)

well i dont know if i should make a formal letter or just tell my supervisor up front. its only a company of about 20 people and not much here is truly "formal".

my leaving this job so soon is that its not where i want to work "geographically", no chance to ever ever rise up in the company, and they wont pay me for grad school. plus the paid time off is almost non-existent.

also, being that ill be commuting to work by bike from now on, and my new place will have a garage for repairs, ive decided that this summer ill finally autocross the p5. if it has any issues, so what. ill ride my bike :D

Latest posts

Back