NEMOC Random BS Thread

forget chris, what's up with the cah?
sending the cashier's check tomorrow, once i get the papers and sign the paperwork. then it will be transported. found a company that runs their own trucks (owner, incidentally, will be driving the truck that transports my car) and the ETA is about 8/27-9/1.

Pics, Chris, or didn't happen!
It's done, pics are on my phone....which I can't upload to this site until I get them on my computer. Check FB later this evening and they'll be posted. They came out nice. I bedded the pads this evening. I hope they gain a little extra initial bite once they cool down because they felt a little soft. I may also need to bleed the lines one more time. (Oh and I did remember to bleed the clutch)

Already buying up parts... B&M short shifter, MSP LSD welded.

Anyone has stock P5 springs laying around they'd be willing to get rid of?

Already buying up parts... B&M short shifter, MSP LSD welded.

Anyone has stock P5 springs laying around they'd be willing to get rid of?

I don't have P5 springs anymore, but I do have MSP springs laying in a box.

I don't have P5 springs anymore, but I do have MSP springs laying in a box.

I don't want to hear about what you put in boxes.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WhwbxEfy7fg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

So I am looking at these tranny install threads. Whoa. Scary! But I am looking forward to the challenge. Opening the tranny is a whole 'nother step up from doing a clutch.

Contemplating picking up a set of 626 5th gears to drop the ratio from .755 to .717--but doesn't seem to be worth the $100. Best would be finding a diesel Protege 5th gear at .680, but that's an overseas part only.

So I am looking at these tranny install threads. Whoa. Scary! But I am looking forward to the challenge. Opening the tranny is a whole 'nother step up from doing a clutch.

Contemplating picking up a set of 626 5th gears to drop the ratio from .755 to .717--but doesn't seem to be worth the $100. Best would be finding a diesel Protege 5th gear at .680, but that's an overseas part only.

You'll get potentially worse mileage since it's a relatively low power vehicle. I've tossed that idea around a lot. On my trips to Lime Rock, I would average 35 mpg at 72 mph with the A/C on. I'd only assume that a lower ratio would have the potential to lug it a little. But at the same time, you could put the car at a higher speed within the same efficiency RPM range. I dunno... thinking out loud.

Oh, and congrats Ashley!

I don't think it will help your milage one bit. I think you are better off driving 65 mph instead of 75 mph.

Photos of my brake job...

Before...
IMG_1036.jpg

After...
IMG_1046.jpg

Cleaning all the parts and masking for paint...
IMG_1037.jpg

After first coat...
IMG_1038.jpg

After second coat...
IMG_1039.jpg

Close up...
IMG_1040.jpg

All back together again...
IMG_1047.jpg

IMG_1049.jpg

Chris a buddy of mine saw ur car at hampton... he sent me a pic and was like.... Tony you need to step your game up, look at this Mazda I found... I was like dude thats my buddy chris's car!

Back