Need new tires....what size

Waltzy

Alright Yes I am new to the forum and I just bought a 2006 White Speed6. I am in need of new tires and I need them to be a good all season tire (I was looking at ultra high performance all season tires). I have been doing some searching on this forum but I couldn't find a clear answer.

My question is do I need to have my fenders rolled if I'm going to run a 225 tire? I am going to be on the stock wheels for winter but will most likely be getting new wheels after winter. Going to the 225 tires leaves for many more options of tires as well as having a larger contact patch (which would be ideal).

So Am I able to run 225 without having my fenders rolled? They will be on the stock wheels.

Thanks......

And so far I have loved this car like no other. Still not as fun as doing this though

IMG_3969.jpg

IMG_8000.jpg

IMG_8157.jpg

For the most part, 225/40/18 tires are considerably cheaper and more common than the stock 215/45/18. Stock wheels and suspension, you'd have no problems with 225 tires. I considered 235/40/18's before I traded for newer tires.

You could also look at 225/45/18's. They are just slightly bigger than stock (about 25.97 inches diameter).
The 225/40/18's are slightly smaller than stock (25.09" diameter).
Stock is 215/45/18 which is 25.62" Diameter.

All three options are good options, and all three on stock wheels will fit no probem whatsoever

Google "miata tire calculator" and play around with that. It's a great resource to keep bookmarked.

I have a 3.0 6s, will the 225's rub? I don't like the lacking selection of 215/45/18's that are available...

i'm running 245/40r18 on stock rims and the car is lowered with eibach sportline the 2" drop and absolutly no rubbing at all. pluss the 245' are the same height as the stocks so the spedo is not off and i have over an inch more grip all around.

I ended up going with a 225/45 continental ultra high performance all season tire ( I couldn't remember the name right now)....I would have loved to go 235 but I was worried it would rub. I would have never guessed you could fit 245s on this thing with no rub AND being lowered.

Back