my turbo mp3 now has the aem ems!

MP3skaterNC said:
alright stop the flame fest in here or ill have to close the thread, its gotten to far to start deleting post.
No! Thats what they want. Thanks for the answers. Let me know how that A/C thing works out. I am in Texas, 105 in the summer will cook you. (flame)

MAMotorsports said:
Yes, I deleted it.I'm sure one of the mods will/have send you what I deleted.
I am not interested in what you deleted previously. You wanted to start a problem with me for no apparent reason. I contacted you to find out why. I proved my points distingtly and you act like it didn't happen. Save face no problem I know the truth of what transpired, BUT you should really have a talk with sponser that you have in this thread. If he wants to talk about "yellow pages" and such your boat may be starting to leak...;)

Last edited:
perfworks said:
I am not interested in what you deleted previously. You wanted to start a problem with me for no apparent reason.
I never started anything with you.I simply stated you where now being 100% truthful.For example you having sole rights from AEM for a Protege Box.I was not trying to discredit you as what you are doing is with the AEM is great.I was simply stating you are doing good work, but are spewing some BS with it.
perfworks said:
I contacted you to find out why. I proved my points distingtly and you act like it didn't happen. Save face no problem I know the truth of what transpired, BUT you should really have a talk with sponser that you have in this thread. If he wants to talk about "yellow pages" and such your boat may be starting to leak...;)
I am aware what happened as well.You said you have had the Protege AEM powered since Decemeber one time to me and September another time, but your first Box purchase was in Febuary.When confronted with this you got very hot and said you bought a box from another dealer.But you said you used a 1010 box that time. Maybe you did do this, but you see where Im getting at.To many holes.Next you told me AEM is custom building an EECV data board for you..We both know it's an EECV calibration.I understand you don't want to give out your R&D and I respect that.Rather than tell me or anyone else BS, simply say you wish not to give out your secerts.
As for my Boat, Matt is his own person and in no way is getting anything he says from me.IMO he's getting it from reading your posts(only he will know this).I can tell you this, I'm not in the Yellowpages because I never put myself in(this is what you are getting at).I am in the AEM EMS section and know you will be soon.If people want to attack you and say you don't have a liscense,fake,etc rather than get pissed prove them wrong.Maybe say," I understand your concerns about doing business with a company listed in the yellow pages, but at the time I didn't feel it was im portant.However I now feel I need to do this" or something like that. And for a tax ID number you can say what it is..You are only hanging yourself with your responses.Personally I don't like to see this as I would like to see the AEM with professional backing.

MAMotorsports said:
I never started anything with you.I simply stated you where now being 100% truthful.For example you having sole rights from AEM for a Protege Box.I was not trying to discredit you as what you are doing is with the AEM is great.I was simply stating you are doing good work, but are spewing some BS with it.

I am aware what happened as well.You said you have had the Protege AEM powered since Decemeber one time to me and September another time, but your first Box purchase was in Febuary.When confronted with this you got very hot and said you bought a box from another dealer.But you said you used a 1010 box that time. Maybe you did do this, but you see where Im getting at.To many holes.Next you told me AEM is custom building an EECV data board for you..We both know it's an EECV calibration.I understand you don't want to give out your R&D and I respect that.Rather than tell me or anyone else BS, simply say you wish not to give out your secerts.
As for my Boat, Matt is his own person and in no way is getting anything he says from me.IMO he's getting it from reading your posts(only he will know this).I can tell you this, I'm not in the Yellowpages because I never put myself in(this is what you are getting at).I am in the AEM EMS section and know you will be soon.If people want to attack you and say you don't have a liscense,fake,etc rather than get pissed prove them wrong.Maybe say," I understand your concerns about doing business with a company listed in the yellow pages, but at the time I didn't feel it was im portant.However I now feel I need to do this" or something like that. And for a tax ID number you can say what it is..You are only hanging yourself with your responses.Personally I don't like to see this as I would like to see the AEM with professional backing.
Holy s*** I think I gave you too much credit in the beginning.
Sole rights to WHAT????? What the hell are you talking about? I have always said the the R&D work and calibration is ours. You are making s*** up as you go along. The UNIT can only be bought thru us. period. No one is able to buy it from you , AEM, Ebay nowhere. It is marketed soley thru us. Where is that right thing you are talking about?
Second, I specifically told you that we were working with AEM since last year end of august and september to get some info on the software and get this working. The first one was tested on a 1010 box with modified internals to handle the signals being sent in. If you knew this you would have gotten it working as you say you tried and had no luck. Again you are fabricating comments to your liking.
Third, NEVER have I said anything about a custom board being built. I specifically told you that they are working on an EECV board but they WILL NOT release it to anyone. Again you hear what you want.
There are NO secrets.
If you know what you are doing and how to navigate the software and hardware it will work like any other unit. I specifically said that when the unit comes to me I make specific changes needed to protect myself, whether it is one or 50 different mods. I do what I can so that the calibration if taken will not work on a box that was just wired in to work.
I also told you that the BOARDS need modification on certain units before they are shipped to me. Thats part of our extensive R&D we had to do to get it working on this car.
As far as the yellow pages in concerned it was directed toward you because he specifically says that you cant be trusted when your not listed.
Please stop playing stupid Beau. Dont put words in my mouth and you wont be dragged into s***. I know what I said to you and you cant just start making s*** up and think I will let it slide. There was never any misleading nor do I have anything to hide. We are completely professional in our work. BUT we will not stand by and be bashed by anyone.
Also YOU nor anyone has the right to call the sales department and find out what I buy and when. It is called vendor confidentiality. Would you like if I snooped around on your purchases then made assumptions on your worthiness?

perfworks said:
I am human like anyone else. I am allowed to defend myslef. My posts are just like theirs are. If they want sarcasm and ignorance they will get it. This forum should not be "do as I say and Not as I do" . I am doing my best. Trust me people can see thru the semantics of BS that some are posting. If you can then great. Let people make up their own mind. BUT I will not sit idle for BS anymore. Take it as you may.
I will not be passive.

Well if that's how it is, then I am going to do the same, but in a more civilized manor than you did. I was done posting in here out of respect for Roni, but like you said, I am allowed to defend myself. I will post this for everyone to see instead of sending it in a PM like I would have done if you hadn't blatently attacked me. All I did was once again post about the fact that you are a known liar, and maybe shouldn't be trusted. That is a fact. I also commented on the situation with Craig and how you guys mistreated him in my eyes, again fact. This is becoming familiar isn't it? Seems I post facts about you and you lose your temper.

I would just like to direct everyone here to this thread, at protegeclub. Look about halfway down the first page and you will see that I am not making anything up here:

http://www.protegeclub.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=22171

I used to always listen to Perfworks when I first came here, and he seemed to really know his s***. Then I saw a thread one day about him being from another board where he got banned for claiming he had a 440hp P5, and generally just being a jackass. This thread had a lot of veteran members and moderators confirm that he was Nickkaranikas from protegeclub. He even came in that thread and admited that it was him. I would post the link to it, but it was in the dumpster and got deleted. It was right after he got banned from protegeclub that he came here and started posting under the name perfworks. Take that as you will, but I can't trust someone who talks like he did in that thread.

perfworks said:
You know what you little puss I have listened to you bash about s*** you know nothing about. You have never spoken with me nor do you know me personally. Instead you post on a forum like a little b**** thinking you understand the story. We have gone thru this BS before. You dont have any idea whatyou are talking about only what you are told. It is unbelievable that when you little s**** get together you talk about me. Why dont you buy your products from any vendor but leave me out of it. You cant. You bought a MPI tuner and were told all kinds of s***. How do you beleive one person and not another. Has god given you this power to know the truth?

Haha, that sounds more like the Nick that I know.

perfworks said:
To me it sounds like you are upset with the way your purchse has gone.

I am not upset with my purchase at all, MPNick has been a great person to do business with, and I am very happy with the capabilities of the MPI tuner so far.

perfworks said:
I say your duno graphand I dont care what people will say about me for this, BUT it is horrible. Why dont you post that here. Compare it and lets see how great your allmighty is.

Haha, did you mean to say "I saw your dyno graph"? That's awesome. What did I pull again? Oh yea, 235wtq with only 10psi and an untuned PCM. Yea, you're right, that IS terrible man, it's only about 100ft lbs more than stock, I am ashamed of myself... LOL.

perfworks said:
How do you defend yourself when someone goes around stuffing BS down the throats of others that are obiuously gulible to beleive that the brooklyn bridge is for sale.
You are pathetic.
Period. You have proven so.
Good day mam

Hahaha, glad to see you get sooooo pissed off and start acting like a child instead of just defending yourself. Once again, I did not say anything that was untruthful at all, NO BS! I will not reply to the rest of your posts here, so if you have anything else to say to me directly or any other personal attacks, please send a PM.:)

You again show your ignorance. We have all already been thru the protege club drama months ago. If you like to bring it up again so be it. I dont have to prove anything to you. You should speak to your mentor as to why certain things were said and why. Its amazing how things can be twisted. But anywho have fun bud. Your still misinformed and ignorant to listen to one side of the story and not others.
Damn you guys try so hard to hurt people but it makes me stronger. Keep it going.

Metal MP5 said:
aren't you affraid of what the vibrations might cause to the PC ? Hard drives can be very sensitive sometimes =\
there isn't much moving around back there at the moment. it would only vibrate that much if the box was pressing against it. i haven't tested a dvd in there with the stereo handling my audio through the speakers and subs yet. i have had a couple ideas about repositioning, but the cigarette lighter takes precedence because that is really pissing me off.

smp3000 said:
Poor Roni.... :(

Perf it's called ignoring people. Come on man act professional already. I know it sucks to have people bash you, but replying with posts like yours makes it even worse! It really isn't helping the company image. It's one thing for a person like me or Micha or Matthew to lose our tempers cause it just makes us look bad as people, but you have a company to try and represent. (shrug)
yeah it sucks that all this is happening on my thread instead of in the vendor reviews section of the forum. i do understand how frustrating it must be to dedicate so much time and effort to your own business and then be slandered in this fashion. i don't blame nick (perfworks) for replying, i don't know how he could've not replied to some of these posts. i just wish people didn't continue to use this thread to talk s*** after i repeatedly redirected the conversation to what it should have been.

i don't know how he can sleep at night while being badmouthed for just trying to sell a product that is ******* amazing. i really wish this wouldn't distract from the feelings of accomplishment he should be feeling. i want him to know how much he is appreciated for all of his hard work and effort. he should feel good about what he's done. and instead he's dealing with the proliferance of bulls*** around here. if i were him i might be in tears right now, and i really don't cry often, even though i am a girl.

Matthew said:
no but it is the law that you must register your business and present that certificate according to new jersey law from what i have just researched. lets see it. i already told you and you make up some bulls***. it is not the law that you be registered with the BBB...but youre not even registered with the GODDAMNED PHONE DIRECTORY!!!

and you people are paying thousands of your own dollars for services rendered by a business that doesnt even exist (rofl)!

forget no more posting in this thread by me, you can PM me when you scan that license nick, which im sure will never happen. just wanted to warn some of you less legally educated people what could happen if a shady character like nick decides to go out of business and stop helping you.
posting your business license is a little different from displaying something at your place of business. why don't you go around to the websites you have ordered parts from and look for their licenses posted on their sites. not everything has to be listed in the phone book. it's not free to be listed as a business and a lot of businesses don't consider it worth it or necessary.

WShade said:
You dont have A/C now?
Of course I have A/C. The only thing at the moment that hasn't been hooked up completely is the load of the A/C being recognized and compensated for by the AEM. It makes the idle a little funny, but if the car's moving, it works perfect.

WShade said:
Sorry, I wanted to know where the AEM is mounted in your car. Thanks.
At the moment it is underneath my passenger seat. But it's final location is supposed to be underneath the passenger floorboard with the stock ecu.

Last edited:
all I have to say is that Perfworks has been on this forum for a LONG TIME, do you people actualy think he would try and **** anybody here, he wouldnt, the only reson some of you do is because you are greedy cheap fools, yeah $2000 or whatever might be alot of money for a stand alone, well guess what YOUR NOT GOING TO FIND IT ANY CHEAPER, and I'm sorry, but the MPI tuner cant do half the stuff the AEM does, nor has anybody that uses it posted any dyno's, I just see alot of "my car wont idle" or "my car runs weird"

Perfworks and the AEM are the real deal

roni said:
there isn't much moving around back there at the moment. it would only vibrate that much if the box was pressing against it. i haven't tested a dvd in there with the stereo handling my audio through the speakers and subs yet. i have had a couple ideas about repositioning, but the cigarette lighter takes precedence because that is really pissing me off.
i was more thinking of just the regular vibrations caused by driving on the road. But i forgot that the roads down there are 1000 times better than here =)

Wow..Roni's..this thread is really getting beat up...I really wanna hear more about how your car is going..but i just can't stand to read through all this bull s***!

unsubscribed!

I appreciate everyones support. Thanks guys. Some though get all tingly inside when they try to ruin someones life. They dont see that everyone has feelings and they dont always do everything perfect all the time. I have learned from my mistakes and moved on to be the best in everything I do. I no longer allow someone elses opinions t0 influence my work any longer. Since I left all that BS I have spoken my mind and the truth. That is why we have all these troubles today. But whatever they can take that as they may. I told Roni this afternoon that 12 was the deadline. I am done now and this will be my last post on this forum.
I look foward to many of you to join us in our new tech forum in the next few weeks.
Good luck all.

About the AC... i think it makes everyone's idle funny. The condenser puts a load on the engine that will give a slightly rougher idle.... That is something i have seen from many proteges.. if u could get the aem to compensate for that i guess it would be good but its not a big deal... u arent losing anything perf wise, although maybe slightly with ac but that is universal to all cars. unless its a nasty idle and then u should get that fixed....

You know, when nick said he was leaving on the cam's thread..i didn't really see why..So i searched around for a while, and i realized just how much s*** he puts up with. I think this community as a whole should really re-evaluate why they come onto these forums. Is it to learn about your car and potential upgrades? or is it to stir up s*** and ignorantly and arrogantly spout off complete fabrications of the truth. Perfwerks has done nothing but contribute and many people have taken that for granted. I can't even count the number of emails and PM's i've sent nick and andy about all kinds of flights of fancy with my DX. They have always responded with great sincerity and were always helpful. Fact is, I'm very displeased with how this forum has been going along over the last few weeks. I spend quite a bit of time on here, and its pretty god damn sad when I stay the hell out of the tech forums just because some back-asswards newbie wants to race the world with his/her uber-vehicle and try to trash a very upstanding and well backed name. I stand by nick's decision to leave, and I hope to be a contributing member of the forum he choses to endorse. Cheers. -Kyle.

Back