my turbo mp3 now has the aem ems!

and by the way, roni, you have an amazing MP3..I'm really stoked for you that you've gotten so much done and your putting that kind of power down with such a small amount of boost. if you need a jealous boyfriend with a DX powered by hopes and dreams..you know where to find me..haha.

SpicyMchaggis said:
and by the way, roni, you have an amazing MP3..I'm really stoked for you that you've gotten so much done and your putting that kind of power down with such a small amount of boost.
thanks for the compliments. as of today i have had my car for 4 months, i picked it up on january 10!! i think i have made a significant amount of progress.

SpicyMchaggis said:
if you need a jealous boyfriend with a DX powered by hopes and dreams..you know where to find me..haha.
no thank you :)

roni said:
there isn't much moving around back there at the moment. it would only vibrate that much if the box was pressing against it. i haven't tested a dvd in there with the stereo handling my audio through the speakers and subs yet. i have had a couple ideas about repositioning, but the cigarette lighter takes precedence because that is really pissing me off.
Solid state memory ownz j00.

Well, perf did the right thing by not posting anymore. If there's two sides to an argument and you take one away, you're not left with anything. Hopefully Roni can answer all of the questions from here on out.

roni---I see in your pic of the AEM that on the stock connector, engine side, you have one of those wire tap/clip things. You really shouldn't use those things, they come loose all the time. I don't know if you are still using it, but just thought I'd give you my 2 cents. Get rid of that thing ASAP!!!(thumb)

Hey roni.. I really liked your MP3... I was the one with the orange MSP at the wagner open house. I hope your thread doesnt get trashed with any more people trying to bash nick.. Too may peolpe read into things and make stuff up. I really didnt know what to make of all of it untill i met andy and nick.. Now i know they are the real deal and i am here as another member backing andy, nick and wanger motorsports 110%.. I got there FMIC on my car and love it. Any problem i had i call them and they were more than willing to help and anwser ? to help.. Even after the open house we all went out to TGI fridays and had a blast. they really are nice guys and they do know there stuff and i hope to do more buissness with them in the future. Any way good luck with your car roni and keep up the good work..

i just realised Roni is using my pic in her sig to show her intercooler

shouldnt i get money for that ? .... ;)

Kooldino said:
Hopefully Roni can answer all of the questions from here on out.
I am definitely willing and able to answer questions for all these nice people on the forum.

(hi) woohoo! back to positive and productive conversation! seriously, thanks people for all the compliments, i really appreciate it. i just hope everyone can benefit from learning about my setup and my engine management.

Metal MP5 said:
i just realised Roni is using my pic in her sig to show her intercooler

shouldnt i get money for that ? .... ;)
yes. i can give you money for taking a picture of my car. :) actually, i have been so busy working on things for my car in the last couple of days. i haven't even gotten to upload any of my pics yet.

SpicyMchaggis said:
she broke my heart.
umm, get over it. :p

i could send you some industrial-strength velcro and zip-ties...

but i did post earlier in this thread that i'm not available. sorry.

Matthew said:
Let me say this. while mpnick may not be as professional, there are some things different about the situation:
2) MPNick is much more professional than: "You know what you little puss", "ou post on a forum like a little b****", "Why are hangin from my nuts then" and posting like 7 times in a row bashing everyone. hes like a goddamned child.

Turbo Matty P said:
Dude, if you were closer to me I'd kiss you. And I mean on the mouth! You make me happy in ways no other man can!

MPNick said:
Sorry, gotta edit this one!

Thanks again

Later........Nick
Taken From: http://www.msprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49377&page=38&pp=15

MPNicks Reponse to Mattys post was calling Perf a Homo because of what Matty said....thats Professionalism

Sorry to stir the pot of s*** again but If your going to ridicule someone for what Perf says and then say MPNick is better because they havent said childish things is just hypocritical because he has. Im not trying to start another fight but I dont think Perf should be looked at any less becasue people have done the same thing to him which he is taking crap for.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay. Back on topic, again. More updates for you guys.

My next dyno day is going to be sometime next week, after my manifold is completed.

Currently my AEM engine management system software is being used off my dell laptop. I've been very busy, but as soon as I fix that darn cigarette lighter, I'll be back to using my carputer for this.

I am developing a "Digital Dash" for display while I'm driving. This is a fully customizable piece of the AEM software. It includes all sorts of displays and gauges, in all sorts of formats. It has hundreds of signals to display in any format you choose. It can also display warning messages when certain criteria are met. I will post pics a little later (probably today), if you all play nice.

Last edited:
So you mentioned that the AEM EMS is eventually going to go in the floorboard near the OEM ECU, will you be running a cable out from under the carpet for easy plug-in to a laptop? Is it just a standard serial connection or does the AEM require a special cable?

roni said:
....(snip)

I am developing a "Digital Dash" for display while I'm driving. This is a fully customizable piece of the AEM software. It includes all sorts of displays and gauges, in all sorts of formats. It has hundreds of signals to display in any format you choose. It can also display warning messages when certain criteria are met. I will post pics a little later (probably today), if you all play nice.
Why am I having flash backs to F&F???

Please tell me the AEM will not have a retarded warning screen...And hopefully your floor won't fall out when you have a warning.

jrodhotrod said:
So you mentioned that the AEM EMS is eventually going to go in the floorboard near the OEM ECU, will you be running a cable out from under the carpet for easy plug-in to a laptop? Is it just a standard serial connection or does the AEM require a special cable?
It is a standard serial cable. The cable is currently tucked underneath the seat. I will show more pics once the unit is done being played with and it finally mounted.

For my purposes, the carputer in the trunk will have another serial cable on that as well, and will be routed similarly to my 4-gauge amp wires into my trunk. I will use a female/female adapter between the two cables. I will want to leave the adapter section relatively easy to access, so I can switch to my laptop when I want.

StuttersC said:
Why am I having flash backs to F&F???

Please tell me the AEM will not have a retarded warning screen...And hopefully your floor won't fall out when you have a warning.
LOL.

No retarded warning screens. My floor will remain intact.

Last edited:
That's awesome- like I said I'd love to see it setup and working. I have some designes to make my own carputer and mount it similar to yours.

Using the software what guages can you have up on the LCD screen at once? I can only imagine how sick that'd look on a 7 inch LCD.

Matthew said:
perfworks is officially the most unprofessional vendor on this site. ive been trying to learn about different engine management s*** for the last three days and i have to take breaks from reading all of perfworks snide comments and all his bulls***.

to answer your ? from another thread perf - i never had a problem with you before because i wasnt turbo'd and never frequented the FI section...now when im trying to learn now that im turbo'd and in these sections all i see is you cussing people out. its very unprofessional. when i sold cars and computers, we could be fired as saleman(women) if we badmouthed say Circuit City or Best Buy. you should consider that kind of route.
word to that s***. i rarely agree with you man, but i agree in full with that s***. i cant believe all the s*** that he just said. and to think if i went FI i was going to go with wagner. change of heart.

Back