My TTD build thread

OK, I'm going to go crazy with the pictures from nationals now:

IMG_6582_1600.jpg

IMG_6430_1600.jpg

IMG_3485_1600.jpg

IMG_8860_1600.jpg

IMG_9016_1600.jpg

IMG_6546_1600.jpg

looking good man! Scary with that fog too. The worst ever was a lap or two in practice but then went clear right after that. Hey what happened to your monster down force wing??? class change? are you faster or slower? and a second set of wheels already?? sorry for all the questions but I just love racing these things.

Last edited:
I didn't have enough points to run the splitter and the wing. Without the splitter, the wing made the car understeer too much. I went with Hoosier A6s instead of R6s with the points.

I bought another set of wheels for nationals so I could have two fresh sets of Hoosiers to use. It is going to make life a lot easier because I can now heat cycle one set and run the other ones while they cure.

I didn't have enough points to run the splitter and the wing. Without the splitter, the wing made the car understeer too much. I went with Hoosier A6s instead of R6s with the points.

Silly question, though I'm sure you've thought about it: Why not remove the wing and keep the splitter. On an FWD car, keeping weight (read: traction) on the front tires is, obviously, pretty critical. Seems like on a track car it would be worthwhile

Yeah, Bill, I had just assumed you took Nationals...but definitely congratulations for doing so!

Thanks guys.

Maff, there really needs to be balance in the car. The airdam and holes in the hood provide fairly good front grip. The wing was mostly for braking balance and REALLY helped there a lot. The splitter wouldn't have helped with that and I don't think it would have helped as much as the A6s did for grip. In the end there wasn't enough time to test every possible combination so I had to use my best judgment. I could be wrong, but I like most of what the car is doing.

In reality, what I need are really good shocks. The KSports are doing an admirable job for the price, but a set of good shocks would make a huge difference in both the brake lock-up and ulitmate cornering grip because in both conditions I think I am losing contact with the road surface because of small bumps.

Yeah, I was saying keep the A6s and still run a splitter if you could. But yes, if you're still on K-sports, you definitely need better shocks...

You should definitely buy my AWR coilovers :) Great pictures though, your car looks good. Have you met a guy from Iowa named Steve Myers? I know him through LeMons racing and know he does a lot of NASA events.

Hey where did you get your carbotech pads from? Hawk stopped making race pads for the protege.

edit: Never mind just ordered X12 from them, they have to make them and then they will ship them out direct.

Last edited:
LOL, I feel like I owe you. I ordered up your Ksport combo, and I am looking forward to using your suspension setup tips. And now I tried to copy your air dam.
attachment.php

Attachments

• 100_1211.JPG
    100_1211.JPG
    113.3 KB · Views: 347
Coming along nicely. If you have any questions just let me know.
By the way, if you got the same spring rates I was using last year, be ready for some oversteer!

Back