My TTD build thread

Haha, These are the true story of the weekend:

attachment.php

DSC_0192.jpg

attachment.php

DSC_0194 copy.jpg

hey is there like a building I could hang out in with my dog that has air conditioning??? He is a bit older and dosent do to well with being in the heat all weekend. It will be my first time at grattan and not to sure about camping and what not. I might have to find a hotel that takes 120 pound dogs too.

There aren't any buildings that are open to hang out in. There is a covered patio with shade, but that is about it. Good luck there, its a fun track.

Ouch, that sucks. Split on the hub face? Or the bearings came apart?

What's the difference in outside diameter of the *tires* between your old and new configuration? Gearing is a hell of a thing ;)

Ouch, that sucks. Split on the hub face? Or the bearings came apart?

What's the difference in outside diameter of the *tires* between your old and new configuration? Gearing is a hell of a thing ;)

The basically the bearing section split from the face. Here is the back of the hub surface:

P1010643.jpg

I went from 225/40/17 to 225/45/15. So just under an inch in radius. It should give me just enough gear to make it down the straight at MidOhio and give me perfect gearing on the rest of the track.

Yeah, it makes a huge difference. I went from ~23" diameter 15s weighing IIRC ~40lbs to 20" diameter 13s weighing ~25 lbs each. HUGE difference in get-up-and-go (especially when you only have 120 HP to play with LOL)

That sucks about the hub though, glad you got it worked out. Spares FTW!

For the size of it I thought that was pretty dense considering the housing is aluminum. Either way, glad to have it off the left front.

Dzus FTW! Did I spell that right? Either way the are nice, clean, and easy to use.

Yes, Dzus is correct. They may be a pain to install, but once they're on, you're pretty much set.

Bill, could you post pics of the brackets under the bumper? I'm curious to see how you tackled it from the installation point of view :)

Not the prettiest things in the world, but here they are. I took some scrap pieces I had laying around and welded them between the fender support bracket and the spring plate for the quarter turn fasteners. (I was too cheap for real Dzus fasteners and just got the Summit ones) This way I wasn't doing anything to damage my fenders, just that little bracket. I will beef them up if I ever go back to using a splitter for downforce again.

P1010767.jpg

P1010771.jpg

MOTM right here! Congrats on that! Hope you are off and running at Mid-O this weekend! Good luck out there!

hey what radiator are you running, and are you happy with it???? I noticed my times would go down when the temps would go up. Also got new rubber and hankook tires are awesome!!! Or maybe its just cause I got new tires, either way way more grip

Back