My solutions to phone placement dilemma in new CX-5 (Photos)

I too appreciate the amazing write up by the OP. I do not like his phone placement(s) though. Sticking it over the beautiful piano finish in the center console looks horrible in my opinion.

I leave my phone in my pocket for daily driving. I haven't gone on a long trip but I guess I would connect it and stick it in the center cubby and forget about it. To each his own though.

For me it's pretty basic & boring : A. Destination> center console USB Android auto plug, lay it down inside the console (ok.. it lays on a new microfiber small towel). Arrival: Open console and unplug phone.
B. When I am really lazy
View attachment 227051
View attachment 227052
Note: All these phone actions are performed while the vehicle is fully stopped and in the parking gear!
@tsdcx5 PLEASE tell me where you got that little tray for the front storage area, I love it!

Attachments

• 8159EB99-9BF3-4534-B0D4-6A3F2F359A4A.jpeg
    8159EB99-9BF3-4534-B0D4-6A3F2F359A4A.jpeg
    187.2 KB · Views: 169
I'm brand new (3 weeks) into the joys of CX-5 ownership and I'm glad I found this thread. It's been challenging to find a place to put my Android. I've been setting it on the space under the HVAC. My old cup carrier mount from my Volkswagen just isn't working

@tsdcx5 PLEASE tell me where you got that little tray for the front storage area, I love it!
Were you referring to the tray in the center console (which came as standard equipment on my 2020) or the mat that poster has in from of the shifter and under their A/C controls?

(Edit: I’m guessing you’ve found out by now, whichever the case.)

Back