My GPS Navigation Update Adventure (2017 CX-5 GT)

:
2017 CX-5 GT
After seeing a post that the December 2023 Navigation update was available, I began the process by first retrieving the SD Card from my 2017 CX 5 GT. I turned on my laptop looked for, and subsequently updated the Mazda Toolbox, when a message box appeared to insert the GPS SD Card. But lo and behold, my new Dell Latitude 3540 did not have a SD slot. So, I did a bit of research, and having earned enough Rewards points following purchase of laptop, I got an adapter from Dell. It was the SanDisk Extreme Pro SD (UHS-USB-C) Reader. Happy with myself, I tried to insert the new Reader. But again, lo and behold, I couldn’t find a USB-C port on the laptop. I called Dell support and they said I would need a USB-C to USB adapter that I could pickup inexpensively at Amazon or some other retailer. Apparently, Dell tech support was not fully familiar with their own Latitude model. After fully examining the ports of laptop, I discovered the USB-C port is the same place the laptop power cable/battery charger is inserted. Since the battery was fully charged, I removed the charger and inserted the Reader. And about half hour later I had a fully updated SD Navigation card. Cheers!

Back