Maz Nav SD Map Version downlevel for 2021-2023 CX-5 TD2K66EZ1A

All three SD cards I recently purchased from Am*n.com have 2019Q4 maps.
FYI.
I think that's what I have too. Bought back in '20 for my '20. That's why I haven't bought a new one, I have a feeling all these cards are bootlegs with that same map rev and no way to upgrade them now that Mazda has canceled updates on the bootleg cards.

What rev is your map? I've though about buying a new one but I'm not sure as to what year of maps it actually contains.
The one I just got last week from Maz Nav came with 2020 Q2 20CW49.

When I reached out to vendor cause I thought it should be newer I received the feedback below:
TD2K66EZ1A is the latest version Mazda has available. Map updates are always 12-18 months old to allow time for the data to be generated, the cards to be produced, and distributed to dealers. Covid seems to have slowed this process down more than usual.

We are expecting the next version (TD2K66EZ1B) any time now and the map snap shot will be Q2 2021.
The most recent maps for your vehicle were released in March 2022 but the map database version is Q2 2021 (2021 Q2 22CW02). So you are either one or two releases behind.
Which matches what ThunderDump mentioned earlier in this thread.

I’ve got my card from Amazon 4 days after I purchased the car, Nov 2020, so it’s the old infotainment system with touchscreen. Mine works just fine, did three updates with the toolbox by now and maybe time for another one until my subscription expires in November 2023. Where do you guys see the Q2 info?

This whole thing about navigation SD cards, real vs clone, made me curious and I did a diagnostic on my SD card with the Mazda Tool box application. Attached is a picture of my SD card bought from Amazon. Below are some of the results
IMG_1998.jpeg
of the diagnostic, sent into my e-mail by noreply@naviextras.com.

Diagnostics complete = SD card is valid

Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) = JM3KFB*********

SD Card license name = Visteon BHP1 66 EZ1L

SD Card license code = CP-MYE3-****-****-****-****

SD Card license type = PRODUCT

SD Card license valid = YES

Locking sequence = SD

Device.nng = Yes

Navigation engine software version = 9.12.156.771515

Your SD card availability = 6.34 GB

Total space on SD card = 14.76 GB

Read content file size = 6.31 GB

First GPS timestamp = 11.05.2020

Naviextras device registration date = 12.11.2020

Default SWID = 230K372R3BRRWYLR

SWID list = HGNCRFX34MAX92C8 ,230K372R3BRRWYLR

Connected services activated = NO

Factory license = Visteon BHP1 66 EZ1L Doesn't expire, valid

Licenses

Mazda 13CY NA NQ 2019 Q4 Doesn't expire, valid

Mazda 13CY NA NQ 2020 Q4 Doesn't expire, valid

Mazda 13CY NA NQ 2021 Q4 Doesn't expire, valid

Mazda 13CY NA NQ 2022 Q2 Doesn't expire, valid

This whole thing about navigation SD cards, real vs clone, made me curious and I did a diagnostic on my SD card with the Mazda Tool box application. Attached is a picture of my SD card bought from Amazon. Below are some of the resultsView attachment 317251 of the diagnostic, sent into my e-mail by noreply@naviextras.com.

Diagnostics complete = SD card is valid

Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) = JM3KFB*********

SD Card license name = Visteon BHP1 66 EZ1L

SD Card license code = CP-MYE3-****-****-****-****

SD Card license type = PRODUCT

SD Card license valid = YES

Locking sequence = SD

Device.nng = Yes

Navigation engine software version = 9.12.156.771515

Your SD card availability = 6.34 GB

Total space on SD card = 14.76 GB

Read content file size = 6.31 GB

First GPS timestamp = 11.05.2020

Naviextras device registration date = 12.11.2020

Default SWID = 230K372R3BRRWYLR

SWID list = HGNCRFX34MAX92C8 ,230K372R3BRRWYLR

Connected services activated = NO

Factory license = Visteon BHP1 66 EZ1L Doesn't expire, valid

Licenses

Mazda 13CY NA NQ 2019 Q4 Doesn't expire, valid

Mazda 13CY NA NQ 2020 Q4 Doesn't expire, valid

Mazda 13CY NA NQ 2021 Q4 Doesn't expire, valid

Mazda 13CY NA NQ 2022 Q2 Doesn't expire, valid
so you ended up with a real one? I just bought a new 2023 cx5 turbo and want the nav but don't want to pay the mazda tax for one from the dealership.

so you ended up with a real one? I just bought a new 2023 cx5 turbo and want the nav but don't want to pay the mazda tax for one from the dealership.
My '22 Turbo did not come with SD card, either.
Bought one from Am*n.com and it works fine as expected.
Map is 2019Q4, though.
All functions are activated with it... sign recognition, odometer with speed limit, guidance on HUD, etc.

Last edited:
Can you tell the difference between a "real" one and a clone? Just by looking at them? I don't know, never had a "real" one from a dealer. My wild guess is that the SD card pairs with the first car. If somebody makes copies of a card that was already paired to a car, then those copies won't work. So maybe in the end it's a matter of luck. Maybe I was lucky enough to buy a card that wasn't paired yet, who knows.

My '22 Turbo did to come with SD card, either.
Bought one from Am*n.com and it works fine as expected.
Map is 2019Q4, though.
All functions are activated with it... sign recognition, odometer with speed limit, guidance on HUD, etc.
I live in an area that is growing at an insane rate and so many new streets since 2019 I hate to have an outdated version right off the bat.

Can you tell the difference between a "real" one and a clone? Just by looking at them? I don't know, never had a "real" one from a dealer. My wild guess is that the SD card pairs with the first car. If somebody makes copies of a card that was already paired to a car, then those copies won't work. So maybe in the end it's a matter of luck. Maybe I was lucky enough to buy a card that wasn't paired yet, who knows.
I can't, I barely can use a micro wave and definitely can't program my smart TV :). but looks like your diagnostics shows yours is the real deal.

I live in an area that is growing at an insane rate and so many new streets since 2019 I hate to have an outdated version right off the bat.
You really don't have an "outdated version off the bat" as you can update it right away. You get 3yrs of free updates so you can get it to the current version whenever you like with the Mazda toolbox. That being said it will never be like Google Maps, or Waze as they are updated almost in real time. The benefit to me is if I am out of cell range and need navigation capability. Very rare these days anyway. I also like the speed limit and stop sign recognition on the dash and HUD.

You really don't have an "outdated version off the bat" as you can update it right away. You get 3yrs of free updates so you can get it to the current version whenever you like with the Mazda toolbox. That being said it will never be like Google Maps, or Waze as they are updated almost in real time. The benefit to me is if I am out of cell range and need navigation capability. Very rare these days anyway. I also like the speed limit and stop sign recognition on the dash and HUD.
from what I have read on here and other forums and fb if you get a $50 amazon or eb or $100 maznav you can not update them. they get pegged as pirated on the mazda toolbox. the maznav webpage even says that.

from what I have read on here and other forums and fb if you get a $50 amazon or eb or $100 maznav you can not update them. they get pegged as pirated on the mazda toolbox. the maznav webpage even says that.
That is extremely variable IMO as mine was purchased off EBay and updates perfectly (I have updated it several times using the Mazda toolbox application since 2021). Others here have also had no issues updating non dealer purchased cards. There are a few who have said they had issues but that is not the norm.

That is extremely variable IMO as mine was purchased off EBay and updates perfectly (I have updated it several times using the Mazda toolbox application since 2021). Others here have also had no issues updating non dealer purchased cards. There are a few who have said they had issues but that is not the norm.
yes because you purchased your card and had it updated before Mazda put a halt to it so you would be able to update your card. This has been a recent thing that Mazda toolbox decided/ started doing this. my guess any card that has previously been updated prior will continue to be updated just new ones no go.

I just heard back from maz nav and he thinks the latest version will be out in the next couple of weeks. I can wait. :)

yes because you purchased your card and had it updated before Mazda put a halt to it so you would be able to update your card. This has been a recent thing that Mazda toolbox decided/ started doing this. my guess any card that has previously been updated prior will continue to be updated just new ones no go.
I updated my card about a month ago with the toolbox. It isn't anything new that has happened. Others have suggested this on the forum but it simply isn't true. I even tried updating again a couple of weeks ago and it said my card was up to date. That is twice this year and no issues whatsoever. I guess my question to you would be what will you do when the card you plan to buy needs an update in the future? It won't be able to be updated either, correct?

Last edited:
Not true at all. I updated my card about a month ago with the toolbox. It isn't anything new that has happened. Others have suggested this on the forum but it simply isn't true. I even tried updating again a couple of weeks ago and it said my card was up to date. That is twice this year and no issues whatsoever.
you are missing my point. your card was purchased and initially updated before Mazda shut this down so mazda toolbox recognizes your card as a good card. you are updating a card that was updated initially before Mazda changed things so it looks good to them.

Back