IMG_4772.jpeg

are you one of the ebay sellers?
How do you explain this?

View attachment 320511
Lol no I’m not a seller just someone that’s researched the heck out of this’
If you re read my post there’s 2 options I listed’
Option 1 talks about toolbox’
Yes a cheap card will do that in mazda tool box’
However you can still use the card in your car no issues! You just can’t “update” the card as toolbox says it’s a fake card’

If you get a “real” card yes even from eBay I got a real one last week for $25
Now you can “back it up” or update it using toolbox’

With a fake card your vin isn’t blocked toolbox is just saying hey this card is a fake so you can’t even start the toolbox program’

Hope that makes sense best way I can explain it

And don’t email them that does 1 of 2 things confirms you bought a “fake one” and mazda wants you to snitch on the seller’
Again you are not “locked” out of using nav in the car with a fake card you just can’t start toolbox
if someone was stealing money from your account and I found out how to help myself to some of your money via the person who hacked your account would you want me to be silent or notify you of the person who had hacked your account so you could stop them? I know it is a far fetched but basically that is what piracy does to a company. We all want a free lunch but it is still theft.

if someone was stealing money from your account and I found out how to help myself to some of your money via the person who hacked your account would you want me to be silent or notify you of the person who had hacked your account so you could stop them? I know it is a far fetched but basically that is what piracy does to a company. We all want a free lunch but it is still theft.
If they charge a realistic price for that package most of this wouldn't be happening!

You made my point…
Lol, not really. He is saying if Mazda offered the card at a reasonable price, people wouldn't be looking for cheaper versions elsewhere. Not really getting your point anyway, as it isn't as if folks are downloading the maps online for free. They are paying sellers on Amazon and EBay for a Mazda SD card, just at a cheaper price.

Is it "stealing" from Mazda to buy OEM CX-5 parts at less than MSRP from places other than the dealership as well? What about dealers who sell at 20-25% off vs those that don't?

Lol, not really. He is saying if Mazda offered the card at a reasonable price, people wouldn't be looking for cheaper versions elsewhere. Not really getting your point anyway, as it isn't as if folks are downloading the maps online for free. They are paying sellers on Amazon and EBay for a Mazda SD card, just at a cheaper price.

Is it "stealing" from Mazda to buy OEM CX-5 parts at less than MSRP from places other than the dealership as well? What about dealers who sell at 20-25% off vs those that don't?
You made my point. Mazda does not sell the pirated sd cards the cheap ebay and amazon are pirated and mazda makes no money on them. Mazda makes the same money from oem parts sold at discounted places vs places that sell oem at msrp. I agree it sux they charge what they do for the sd card but pirated cards are still theft no matter how we justify it

Last edited:
Theft how? They are being sold on reputable websites. Nobody is "stealing"anything. I am not making your point at all. Sorry, we just have to agree to disagree on this.

So is this site stealing from Mazda?

If so, how are they still in business?

are you serious?
This to me has nothing to do with mazda parts that you can buy from other sources than Dealers. Its plain piracy of intelectual property.
They are still in business because people have the option to buy counterfeit stuff and no easy way to stop it. Same if one buy fake items on Amazon, same as torrents and pirated movies, etc

I am completely serious. If it was theft, they would be shut down, period. Mazda has the resources to do it if they desired to, or thought they had a case.

FYI I updated my "non dealer" card today. It continues to do so normally.

Last edited:
I don't think it's theft. There are numerous websites advertising the Mazda SD card for nav updates. Are those stilling from Mazda, too? For example: Car, Truck, & SUV GPS Update SD Cards | MazNavStore. I am not related to this website at all, just googled it. Probably Mazda doesn;t have exclusivity on the nav updates and that's why it's possible to buy the updates from different sellers. Or, if Mazda would actually charge you a normal price for the update, nobody would bother to buy the same product elsewhere. At 400-500$ for a nav update card, who is stilling? Me, buying from Amazon, or the Mazda dealer? Just asking for a friend.

This whole issue could be easily solved if Mazda dropped the price on the card, and offered free lifetime updates.
With only 3 years of updates on a $400 card, it's price gouging on Mazda's part, in my opinion.
Face it, if you saw a GPS at Best Buy for $400, with only 3 years of updates, would you buy it? Of course you wouldn't.
I bought a TomTom years ago for under $100. It has lifetime updates. I still use it when travelling and renting cars.

And don’t email them that does 1 of 2 things confirms you bought a “fake one” and mazda wants you to snitch on the seller’
Again you are not “locked” out of using nav in the car with a fake card you just can’t start toolbox
Just double checking, I can't even open Mazda update toolbox when it keeps telling me to update the toolbox correct?
edit
3/21/24 update is out so does it work on Amaz td2k 66 ez1 card purchased 8/2021

This whole issue could be easily solved if Mazda dropped the price on the card, and offered free lifetime updates.
With only 3 years of updates on a $400 card, it's price gouging on Mazda's part, in my opinion.
Face it, if you saw a GPS at Best Buy for $400, with only 3 years of updates, would you buy it? Of course you wouldn't.
I bought a TomTom years ago for under $100. It has lifetime updates. I still use it when travelling and renting cars.
My Garmin I got at Costco 11 years ago came with life time maps was $139. I'm sorry this is a rip off.

Just double checking, I can't even open Mazda update toolbox when it keeps telling me to update the toolbox correct?
edit
3/21/24 update is out so does it work on Amaz td2k 66 ez1 card purchased 8/2021
It actually downloaded will pop it in my cx-5 tomorrow
Edit
It worked.

Back