msp topspeed

I know i'm going to get flamed, but why are you guys driving that fast on public roads ? How many dead forum members cars do you need to see mangled to realize that it's stupid. A tire pops at 135mph, and you're ******* toast, not to mention you could take someone else's life because you had to see "top speed". Worth it ? Doubt it.

they do it on fast and the furious, so its obviously safe.

Yeah... I also disagree with the people who say theres no governor on our cars. I've had my car up to top speed a couple times and it hits a fuel cut around ~135 MPH. The car is still accelerating up until that point and has a lot more juice/gear left. My old Protege had this too, despite everyone claiming that there isn't. I know what I felt, and it sure as hell FEELS like a governor - sucks ass too

HP numbers dont matter people, its how the power gets to the ground and the weight and s*** like that. and the bugatti has 4 turbo's, Miguel has only 1 and made it higher then any other protege owner will most likely... but theres prob. a civic out there that will beet a Bugatti in a straight line... hahaha

But Can you people refrain from taking about illegal stuff in this thread... I just read though everything and Gosh people.... haha

what? lol

HP numbers play a huge factor not saying that the lightness of a vehicle wont matter either, but like it was mentioned aerodynamics play a factor as well. All three factors come into play when trying to get to a top speed. Not to mention that a veyron is way more fully loaded than a protege.

ever hear of terminal velocity?

so, from reading this ancient thread, risen from the dead....a unichip, tuned can't cut the governor?

always wondered that.

Any piggyback will not cut the speed limiter. Only a full standalone... Unless someone gets enough balls and $ to find someone who can Reflash the MSP ECU with upgrades and get rid of the Limiter... Doubtful.

1/8 and 1/4 miles tracks - which is why I've never been faster than 110 mph in my car before.

sorry i was gonna stay out of this but........

if you have never been more than 110 in your car, then how would you know that it isn't limited. there is a rev limiter in the mazdaspeed protege. a rev limiter keeps the motor from spinning too fast and coming from together. example, put it in first gear, let off the clutch and put your foot in the floor. when the tach goes to bouncing at 7000-7300 rpm, thats a rev limiter. if you get to fifth and hit a rev limiter, damn. you will be going as math has proven 160ish. what really happens is that the motor is pulling a bunch of air, the turbo gets really hot and starts losing efficiency. the fuel system attempts to compensate and cant. the maf tells the computer that the car isnt getting enough air and that the motor is in danger, so you get a fuel cut. more efficient air delivery (or a colder day) will help with the fuel cut. if you really want to know what is going on with the car, get a pyrometer, a boost gauge, and an air fuel gauge. this will tell you a bunch about the car.

my story. i stretched my car out when it was 92 degrees. when i hit 130, the pyro was at 16 and climbing. as i stayed in it, boost slowly went from 7 to 3. at 146 according to gps, the car shut down and i let it. i slowly dropped back to 65 or so. i ran it again a month later and it was 67 degrees. the turbo heated up about the same, but the boost only dropped about 2 pounds this time instead of 4 and i got to 148.

bethat said, i will never go that damn fast in that car again. it will do it, but its a little tall and a little narrow to go that fast. i will stick to less than 120......

^^^ You seriously replied to that after all this time? I mean, seriously? Some of what you said in your post is just flat-out wrong (fuel system compensating for turbocharger efficiency, wtf!?)1 Let me try to point out some of the reasons why you are an ass:

1. You're an idiot for going that fast in the first place.
2. We're talking about speed governors, not rev-limiters (two different things).
3. While fuel cut is MAF-related (voltage o/max), rev-limiters and governors are pre-programmed for RPM/speed
4. Don't even start to "try" to educate me on how this automobile works - I've been more ways around a Protege than you can imagine.
5. You replied to a comment I made God knows how long ago (forum n00b?).
4. I OWNED a Protege5 - different ECU
5. I don't even own the damn thing anymore so I couldn't give a **** what you have to say

Anything else?

when i had my msp (stock) it would hit 135 then get cut. i did this many times (young and dumb). if i recall it was around 6k rpm so it should do 140 maybe 145 without the limiter.

I had am MP3 heavily modded and it cut out was limited to 132 or 135 i think. When i hit it, my foot was to the floor and the speed still dropped and picked back up after i went below 130 it started picking back up again. This is called a (GOVERNOR).

(DRAG LIMITED) is where your speedometer stays at the same speed and doesn't have enough power to accelerate any faster
(FUEL CUT) Is where i think you hit certain rpms. Like 6800 or 7000k rpms

Back