msp topspeed

Bad spark plugs or faulty injectors. There is no speed governor, again.

Could even be fuel cut depending on how many lbs of boost you were running. On colder days I will hit fuel cut at 10 psi up around 6500 RPM almost like it was meant to be there. BTW, the fastest I've ever hit in the P5 is 110 which the very top of 4th. I won't boost more than 1 or 2 psi in 5th and that's just to pass on the highway. There's no reason to carry on beyond 110 mph. Stock, you won't hit 110 mph on a 1/4 mile track and even if you were illegally street racing you'd know who won by then as well.

How many times a year does a thread like this pop up? There is a speed limiter ON THE MSP.. Its been proven time and time again.. Ive hit it multiple times at the same mph.. MP5's and regular protege's may not have a speed limiter, but the MSP does..

The MSP 2003.5 has a speed limiter it comes in at a Speedo registered 135mph and resumes at 130mph. I have personally had a run in with it several times on our local highway. The P5 and regular ES and MP3 does not have the speed limiter.
The limiter is tied in to the fuel control, so fuel management will remove it.
Magnum P5, a protege 5 is Not a MSP, hence it has no limiter.

I found an article in a Car and Driver mag. (May 2003, pg.82/83) that shows the top speed of the MSP is 131 (governed). I'm about to go to work so I'll get a pic. in the morning and put it on here.

The MSP 2003.5 has a speed limiter it comes in at a Speedo registered 135mph and resumes at 130mph. I have personally had a run in with it several times on our local highway. The P5 and regular ES and MP3 does not have the speed limiter.

I found an article in a Car and Driver mag. (May 2003, pg.82/83) that shows the top speed of the MSP is 131 (governed). I'm about to go to work so I'll get a pic. in the morning and put it on here.

.... Im wrong I suppose.. btw, my car is stock..

when i first got my car i didnt feel it hit anything and my speedometer read 143 mph! on the new motor i can only get it to 135 before it kicks in!

Before you start talking out of your ass too much I am running with a MSP ECU. Any fuel cut experienced by a MSP I would also experience. I'm still waiting for videos of this cut.

1/8 and 1/4 miles tracks - which is why I've never been faster than 110 mph in my car before.

Here is the mag. article I was refering too. Maybe the 03 and 03.5 are different. It shows the top speed on the right.

Attachments

• msp top speed.jpg
    msp top speed.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 369
It does say governed in that article. However, there have been a few articles written about the speed in magazines that has had incorrect information.

I believe that to be true and I have just about all the mags the MSP is in and that is the only one that says it's governed. I hate to say but I have hit that a couple times and I know it's not fuel cut or run out of gear. Even with the Unichip it still stops at that speed.

from what i remember about that article, SCC was testing with a pre-production MSP.

I hit a governer at 135mph on my msp and im barely at 5600rpm then, lots of room to go.
ps alligator alley baby! top off your car all day long

Last edited:
WOW they actually think our cars compare to the srt-4...i think the spec and focus are good comparisons but come on now i think we all know that the fugly srt's are a littttttttle bit faster.

Back