msp topspeed

WOW they actually think our cars compare to the srt-4...i think the spec and focus are good comparisons but come on now i think we all know that the fugly srt's are a littttttttle bit faster.

not true.. i beat an SRT-4 with stage 2 upgrades before i did my car up.. 0-100, 50-100 and 35-120.. SRT-4 beat me in the 1/4 mile by less than 1/10 second

not true.. i beat an SRT-4 with stage 2 upgrades before i did my car up.. 0-100, 50-100 and 35-120.. SRT-4 beat me in the 1/4 mile by less than 1/10 second

oh yea i know our cars can beat the piss out of them if we're modded right. i've seen the 500whp one that's in spain on cardomain. i'm saying from stock to stock we get our asses handed to us and so does the focus and spec so why would they compare those?

edit: wait you're saying you were stock?

mine shutoff @ 135mph. 215/40/17

i used to have a spec v and was in a club with nothing but those....I had a orange '05. Mine was the odd one of the group. I did NOT have a rev limiter while all others did. Mine also got to 142mph, and that was NOT a shutoff...it just wouldn't go anymore.

But I got hit by lightning while driving in that car....got it all fixed and 2 months later I hit a deer @ 110mph ftmfl. Great luck right :D

oh yea i know our cars can beat the piss out of them if we're modded right. i've seen the 500whp one that's in spain on cardomain. i'm saying from stock to stock we get our asses handed to us and so does the focus and spec so why would they compare those?

edit: wait you're saying you were stock?

it was before i was built and running like i am now.. i had tb exhaust, 10 psi, cai, hardpipes. but wasnt a ton of mods..

Sorry to dig up an old thread.

Fight it about all you want but my barely more than stock 2003 MSP definitely cuts fuel around 135mph well below the rev limiter. I don't need any lectures about the repercussions, just want to know the easiest/cheapest way to remove the governor.

The Msps are gear Limited to 180-185 Mph with a redline of 7,800-8000 rpm where 5th gear is completely maxed out. The main Reason i know this for a fact is because my friend and i were testing my car out after the dyno tune on a private road here in Spain and we were running each other and i went up to 172 mph according to my Garmin Nuvi GPS at 7,600 rpm when he started to pull on me, He Have a Lamborghini Gallardo. The MSP Felt strong and i also felt with a higher redline i could of touch and who knows pass the 180 MPH mark, My redline was limited in the Haltech at 7,600 rpm at that moment.

I also have a Dyno video where you can see where the speedo needle needs to be to hit 170+ mph since i reached that speed on the rolls during dyno pull as well basically because had to do the run on 5th gear for those who wonder how the hell that fast on 4th gear...

btw this was not street racing it was done for testing purposes on a private road in Spain and by no sence im promoting street racing or people to violate the traffic laws..

Sorry to dig up an old thread.

Fight it about all you want but my barely more than stock 2003 MSP definitely cuts fuel around 135mph well below the rev limiter. I don't need any lectures about the repercussions, just want to know the easiest/cheapest way to remove the governor.
Standalone engine management (Haltech, Microtech, etc.). <- That is a period, as in no question, end of story.

Once the limiter is removed see post #13 for how to calculate the maximum speed. Now need for "I did this on this road" bulls***. Can't argue with mathematics.

in Mazdaspeed2oo35 case... yes the protege can do 180 i guess, but that is simply cause he is making alot power.

most likely an average built MSP wont be able to get to that speed, simply cause it wont have enough power push the car to that speed. On a dyno yes it could reach that speed cause its not moving, but on the road/track u would need some power to push that car to those speeds.

Yea once you get past a top speed of say 150mph, the amount of HP you need to keep going seems to get significantly higher. I don't know s*** about physics and all that, but considering the Bugatti Veyron tops out around 250mph (I think) and has a little over 1000 HP...Miguel is around 500whp or so, right? So there's a big difference in power there, but the Veyron really isn't going as fast as it could if we didn't have any factors like wind and such lol.

Like I said I don't know the technical info but it makes sense to me.

edit: I don't know why we're even worried about top speed. The MSP is plenty capable of costing you your license.

HP numbers dont matter people, its how the power gets to the ground and the weight and s*** like that. and the bugatti has 4 turbo's, Miguel has only 1 and made it higher then any other protege owner will most likely... but theres prob. a civic out there that will beet a Bugatti in a straight line... hahaha

But Can you people refrain from taking about illegal stuff in this thread... I just read though everything and Gosh people.... haha

Yea once you get past a top speed of say 150mph, the amount of HP you need to keep going seems to get significantly higher. I don't know s*** about physics and all that, but considering the Bugatti Veyron tops out around 250mph (I think) and has a little over 1000 HP...Miguel is around 500whp or so, right? So there's a big difference in power there, but the Veyron really isn't going as fast as it could if we didn't have any factors like wind and such lol.

Like I said I don't know the technical info but it makes sense to me.

edit: I don't know why we're even worried about top speed. The MSP is plenty capable of costing you your license.

+1 but even a geo metro can do the same thing.

HP numbers dont matter people, its how the power gets to the ground and the weight and s*** like that. and the bugatti has 4 turbo's, Miguel has only 1 and made it higher then any other protege owner will most likely... but theres prob. a civic out there that will beet a Bugatti in a straight line... hahaha

But Can you people refrain from taking about illegal stuff in this thread... I just read though everything and Gosh people.... haha

You're missing the point. I'm not putting Miguel down for ONLY reaching 500whp...(that's funny). I was using the Veyron as a benchmark for crazy top speed.

Veyron reaches speed limit is mainly caused by 1. Aerodynamic, 2. All-wheel-drive drivetrain loss. The SSC ultimate AERO is RWD therefore power goes more efficiently on the ground, less drivetrain loss. Its the current production car speed record,263mph I guess. And it seems to be spining the wheel on top gear during the speed record... ridiculous.

Standalone engine management (Haltech, Microtech, etc.). <- That is a period, as in no question, end of story.

Once the limiter is removed see post #13 for how to calculate the maximum speed. Now need for "I did this on this road" bulls***. Can't argue with mathematics.

Thanks for the reply. I was afraid that was the answer. I would consider one of the piggybacks, but a standalone is above what I am willing to spend on this car.

I know i'm going to get flamed, but why are you guys driving that fast on public roads ? How many dead forum members cars do you need to see mangled to realize that it's stupid. A tire pops at 135mph, and you're ******* toast, not to mention you could take someone else's life because you had to see "top speed". Worth it ? Doubt it.

Back