MS6 PG Turbo Inlet Pipe Review

ESB Jiu JItsu

:
2006 MS6 GT
Took about 2 weeks to get to me but after UPS finally figured out how to deliver a package :) my PG Inlet was delviered. once I recieved my PG Inlet Pipe from www.protegegarage.com I installed it immediatly last night. And below are my findings.....enjoy....

My current performance mods - Fujita CAI, and Turbo XS RFL BOV

Open Box Impressions-

Great quality, looks amazing. All parts were included and only had to take care of a few internal flashings myself prior to install. Overall a beautifull part for sure. I couldnt believe how restictive the stock TIP looked in comparison.

Install-

Well the install in total took me about 1.5 hrs. The install is simple just will test your patience getting the silicon couplings on. A couple of install tips to make your life easier....
1. Go ahead and remove all electrical connecters in the area of the stock TIP. they will jsut get in your way
2. Remove the battery and trey
3. I removed my fujita CAI to just have some elbow room
4. When putting on the new TIP leave the clamps on the silicone couplings loose as you will need a particular angle of the pipe in the silicone couplings and may need to push pull and tweak to get that ahhhhhhh moment of a perfect fit.

Over All in all easy install. All parts were in the box, everything fit perfect.

1st Driving Impressions-

Well I was very happy to see no check engine light :) and everything started up well. The car sounded smoother even at first startup idol. I could tell something was different right away. My car has always ran just a tad rougher from what i hear its my 100% atmosphere BOV, after the install of the PG inlet it smoothed that issue right out. From the first time I pushed on the gas i was thrilled at the sound and the performance. I can easily tell atleast 500 to 750 rpm faster spooling and the responce and smoothness of the engine was improved. For those who say this mod does not make a difference it must be your parts combo because with my setup the performance is night and day. Im addicted to the faster spool and the smoother pull. For my setup this was just the piece I needed to tie in my other mods together.

Conclusion.....

PG has a great product here. And for the price over the other options i just dont see the need to pay more for something that is done so well at PG for less. Awesome! Perfect mod for those like myself whom dont have a ton of cash for Top mount BT setups :) lol and still want to improve on their cars drivability and performance. Fun install, and great results. Kudos to PG and you better beleive ill be sucking up some serious gas for the next few weeks with lots of testing ;) and cleaning out my injectors the fun way lol.

thanks alot for the business and detailed review! look forward to helping you down the road.

Glad you guys enjoyed the review! Im loving this mod. simple, inexpensive, great results. Just what you want out of a performance modification. The next mod im looknig at is H&R Springs, boost gauge, and im currently working on a ram air dam for the front fog light area that will stream air into my CAI. Its been a while since I worked with fiberglass so Im excited to get into it. I love my MS6, so fun to mod.

thanks alot for the business and detailed review! look forward to helping you down the road.

no problem...im hooked so im sure ill be buying many more parts from you soon. Can you guys get H&R springs for the MS6? A bit hard to track down these days and want to make sure i get the right set since i know there are ms3 ones as well.

no problem...im hooked so im sure ill be buying many more parts from you soon. Can you guys get H&R springs for the MS6? A bit hard to track down these days and want to make sure i get the right set since i know there are ms3 ones as well.

i have to order them from H&R but the answer is yes

Back