MP3 Body Decals

I know that my grill isn't the best.. but it was a quick and cheap mod. I plan on doing something this summer, since I may have more time to do something about it. Suggestions maybe? :)

I also have a question: If I take the side stripe out after 2-3 years, will I need to repaint the car? (The paint that was exposed to the sun may be of a different shade?!?)

Thanks

hey minus... whats the name or identification of ur modern image graphics?? until u can get it posted i can check it out on the website and imagine :eek:

Minus - Seeing your pics on one of your posts actually gave me the idea of side vinyl graphics. I think the yellow is sweet. I was thinking of going white though. I've always loved that color scheme.

mrblk said:
I know that my grill isn't the best.. but it was a quick and cheap mod. I plan on doing something this summer, since I may have more time to do something about it. Suggestions maybe? :)

I also have a question: If I take the side stripe out after 2-3 years, will I need to repaint the car? (The paint that was exposed to the sun may be of a different shade?!?)

Thanks

You may have to although a good waxin might do the trick

hey sorry it took soo long but the kit i have on my mp3 is #95 and i have it in silver on my blue paint

and i went and asked my dad (who works at carters body shop) and he said that it will be a little faded but that you can probably just have it buffed over with some sort of compound type stuff and the itll make it match pretty close if not perfect
oh and btw you can see a sort of smaller picture of my car on my dad's yahoo profile at the following link. tell me what you thinktell me what you think

oh and ill try to get some higher quality images up here when it stops raining for more than a few hours

hey minus that looks awesome! i really like it... how much would it cost a reg guy like me to have it installed at a local shop? just an estimate... again- that looks REALLY nice. how much did u pay for the decal?

thanks!
i think it cost me about 170 or 180 shipped but i also added a "MODERNimage" decal onto my spoiler
and as far as getting it put on, im not really sure. you could get a friend to help you because its not really that hard.
i first taped it up on my car the way i wanted it on one side and marked everywhere where the door cracks and things are and just traced it on the other side stripe and cut it into sections and applied it that way... i was skeptical at first but if you take your time (it took me about 2 hours) then it will line up great if you made your marks well

ya i think if i was the right type of person thatd be ok but im the kinda guy who counts the cieling tiles in church 20 minutes into mass.... lol. i cant sit still and im not really good at stuff the requires patience.

jw... ur dvd player is just a lil unit or is it actually a screen and s*** installed in ur car?

if u want me to continue to be a fan of ur mp3, u better get sum pics soon!! :) I wanna see how the other image looks on ur spoiler.

lol
nah my dvd player is just a little unit with a screen on it. i got it for chrismas and it came with a car adaptor so i just ran it behind my glove box and plugged it in. it does fine for now but i want something better. im working on getting somebetter quality images i might just wash my car off in the rain tomorrow and take some wet pictures

thatd be kinda cool yo... raining in the background.... now were talking! atleast take sum and then u can always take better ones later... do the graphics look strange on the car because the car is not lowered or does the factory ground effects give it a nice appearance? my only concern is that since i am not lowerin my msp or getting a dif body kit that vinyls might look wierd

nah man it really looks good on the racing beat suspension. i had the same thought but it looks great. i have some springs in my house and i think it will look good but not necessary. what color are you planning on?

it really took my car from stock and sort of blah to a real dramatic look to it without being too wild

This is my vision... keep in mind I got a spicey orange msp.
18" 10-spoke bronze wheels, CF hood. mirrors. and tails, dark window tint, accompanied by sum dark grey simple MI vinyl graphics, urs looks great- hope u dont mind if i eventually get the same style

i never seen them in person but MI has some pics on their site of them. and yeah i think its a CF pattern on vinyl but it would still look pretty nice

Back