motor build?

I thought you already had an fmic.

I own 2 mazdaspeed proteges. I have 1 with everything done thats the one thats been in and out of shops for the last 3 years. Than i have my other mazdaspeed protege that is all stock. It used to have exhaust front mount and intake but i took everything off to put on the other one. So now I have the stock one that i was using for my daily untill the radiator crapped out on me. Im kindof reluctant to redo everything on it again though since it has about 267,000kms on it and all the suspension is all messed up. I was just hoping to get it running again for cheap with a used radiator possibly that wont leak that I can use with the factory turbo setup. I honestly kindof miss the car. even with all its problems compared to my subaru impreza I bought it was allot more fun.

Trading my cam gears for some 600cc injectors. Build should work out nice this time around. Engine bay will be getting re painted next week pictures up soon. Gonna try to clean up the transmission too and maybe paint it to match the block.

Trading my cam gears for some 600cc injectors. Build should work out nice this time around. Engine bay will be getting re painted next week pictures up soon. Gonna try to clean up the transmission too and maybe paint it to match the block.

What kind of injectors? Finding cam gears for the FS-DE is almost impossible and unless you already have another set then I would highly advise keeping the gears. You can pick up some STI pink (565cc) injectors for next to nothing. Just a word of advise.

What kind of injectors? Finding cam gears for the FS-DE is almost impossible and unless you already have another set then I would highly advise keeping the gears. You can pick up some STI pink (565cc) injectors for next to nothing. Just a word of advise.

I think the brand is call deuschworks. And i got a new set of factory cam gears so im good to go.

The factory cam gears won't allow you to adjust timing which is why I'm saying it might be better to keep them. Also the DeatschWerks 600cc injectors for the Mazdaspeed Protege is $299 brand new straight from the company. Definitely think you have a better deal getting some used ones for cheap or the STI pinks (which are fully compatible). I went on a man hunt for cam gears for a while and I was lucky enough to get a set of Focus cam gears but it took forever. Just trying to help you out, you can take it or leave it.

Depending on what cams you have you may not need gears. 600cc is borderline too big for injectors if tuned properly.. I run 575's and at 32psi they were at about 80% duty cycle with a rising rate regulator. Anything bigger than that is going to be a b**** to tune your idle.

Look into RC injectors, they're popular with the honda guys so they can be picked up used dirt cheap. i picked my set of RC 750cc for $120 locally.
I didnt have any issue getting it to idle properly with these.

Last edited:
Depending on what cams you have you may not need gears. 600cc is borderline too big for injectors if tuned properly.. I run 575's and at 32psi they were at about 80% duty cycle with a rising rate regulator. Anything bigger than that is going to be a b**** to tune your idle.

That maybe very true when you're running Stage 3 Integrals but as far as I know MazdaspeedP still has stock cams (maybe j-spec but same thing). And as most of us know they leave a lot to be desired in the performance aspect of things. When I decide to go all supertech on my head I was thinking of going Stage 2 to maintain streetability.

Look into RC injectors, they're popular with the honda guys so they can be picked up used dirt cheap. i picked my set of RC 750cc for $120 locally.
I didnt have any issue getting it to idle properly with these.

Didn't know the RC's were compatible with our fuel rail. If so you should post P/N so others are aware of that and have some options. I know before I did my research on the platform I bought some ID 750's for way too much money (honestly embarrassed). But I'm with AP on this one Maxx, I've seen plenty of people run larger injectors then 575 and have no problems tuning idle. Do you think it's because you're still using the E6X as opposed to the newer platinum series? And what turbo are you running presently?

I'm running an aftermarket aero motive FPR as well. I can bump the pressure up to over 100psi and flow much more than 575cc. Remember, that flow rating is based on a set pressure. Higher pressure also has the benefit of more complete atomization of the fuel. I tried larger injectors, but trying to tune or drive ability was a nightmare compared to the smaller ones. Remember, bigger is NOT better when it comes to injectors. They're sized to the application on which they're being used. It's a 2.0L engine, not a 3.5L running 40lbs of boost. I always laugh when people try to long-cock with their injector size. Who cares? Run the size you NEED. 575cc is more than enough.

Back