2022 CX-5 Non Bose, low sound in rear speakers

Hi all

im new in this forum and have read some posts..
Know models called different things in different contries..
i just bought a 2022 Sky (danish)model...

testdrive and everything ok... yea.. im in the front..

After few months i get in the back and to my surprice almost no sound from speakers..

Contacted dealer, he said, yes.. thats how mazda designed it..

Can this really be true... fade 50/50... only bout 10% sound from rear speakers???

When you go to a concert, you don't sit with your back to the stage. That's why most of the sound in any decent stereo comes from in front, and very little (if any at all) from the rear.

Seems to be a simple solution. You want more sound from the rear speakers? Adjust the fader.

Other brands use this method too to keep the imaging up front or sometimes to balance the sound. I had an ex that had a Kia picanto and it had 3.5” in the dash and 5.25” in the rear doors and it was like that. If they didn’t do that you would probably hear the rear doors more than the front speakers on the dash and the sound wouldn’t be balanced.

When you go to a concert, you don't sit with your back to the stage. That's why most of the sound in any decent stereo comes from in front, and very little (if any at all) from the rear.

That's at a concert. Your car is WAY different and there's no way to recreate that soundstage properly. So, we settle for what we can get.

That's at a concert. Your car is WAY different and there's no way to recreate that soundstage properly. So, we settle for what we can get.
Speak for yourself! If you choose good components, and tune it with a great ear by someone who knows what they're doing, you *can* get incredible imaging with a fantastic soundstage in a car! People, including myself, have literally been doing this for 30+ years at this point.

When you hear a *truly* good stereo, it will leave you emotional. I'm being dead serious.
I always fix my imaging with three songs: Jennifer Warnes' "Ain't No Cure For Love" off of Famous Blue Raincoat, Alice in Chains' "Nutshell" off of MTV Unplugged, and for some spice, Ozzy's "Mama I'm Coming Home" off of No More Tears.

The stereo I built in my Mazda3, it took me 5 days to tune it. But then, when I hit that magical spot, there was Jennifer, standing out in the middle of my hood, singing her heart out. I literally got goosebumps and, I hate to admit it, but it's true, I teared up a little. It was just that good.

Speak for yourself! If you choose good components, and tune it with a great ear by someone who knows what they're doing, you *can* get incredible imaging with a fantastic soundstage in a car! People, including myself, have literally been doing this for 30+ years at this point.

When you hear a *truly* good stereo, it will leave you emotional. I'm being dead serious.
I always fix my imaging with three songs: Jennifer Warnes' "Ain't No Cure For Love" off of Famous Blue Raincoat, Alice in Chains' "Nutshell" off of MTV Unplugged, and for some spice, Ozzy's "Mama I'm Coming Home" off of No More Tears.

The stereo I built in my Mazda3, it took me 5 days to tune it. But then, when I hit that magical spot, there was Jennifer, standing out in the middle of my hood, singing her heart out. I literally got goosebumps and, I hate to admit it, but it's true, I teared up a little. It was just that good.

I'm with ya man, really, I am. I can see how important the music is to you, me too. I'm familiar with the music you're speaking of. The sound on Famous Blue Raincoat is first class. You should check out some Alan Parsons Project for fine tuning.

You can spend thousands of dollars chasing the correct sound and never have it approach the sound of a live concert. We saw Howard and The White Boys the other day at a free outdoor concert in the park. These guys KNOW how to do it! The sound was fantastic, despite being outdoors with nothing behind them to reinforce the sound.

My point? The sound in a vehicle is a compromise no matter how much money is spent. I've listened to plenty of high-end systems, but they don't compare to a live concert (if the sound system has been set-up correctly that is) and I don't expect it to. Case in point, same venue as Howard but the sound guy for the band didn't know his stuff and the sound was thin and tinny, I've heard many a car system that sounded better than this band did. They were talented musicians, but the sound was terrible.

meta%3AeyJzcmNCdWNrZXQiOiJiemdsZmlsZXMifQ%3D%3D.jpg

If you've never seen Howard and The White Boys (that's Howard on the right as you look at the pic above) you should! Blues at its finest! The lead guitarist is phenomenal.

I'm with ya man, really, I am. I can see how important the music is to you, me too. I'm familiar with the music you're speaking of. The sound on Famous Blue Raincoat is first class. You should check out some Alan Parsons Project for fine tuning.

You can spend thousands of dollars chasing the correct sound and never have it approach the sound of a live concert. We saw Howard and The White Boys the other day at a free outdoor concert in the park. These guys KNOW how to do it! The sound was fantastic, despite being outdoors with nothing behind them to reinforce the sound.

My point? The sound in a vehicle is a compromise no matter how much money is spent. I've listened to plenty of high-end systems, but they don't compare to a live concert (if the sound system has been set-up correctly that is) and I don't expect it to. Case in point, same venue as Howard but the sound guy for the band didn't know his stuff and the sound was thin and tinny, I've heard many a car system that sounded better than this band did. They were talented musicians, but the sound was terrible.

meta%3AeyJzcmNCdWNrZXQiOiJiemdsZmlsZXMifQ%3D%3D.jpg

If you've never seen Howard and The White Boys (that's Howard on the right as you look at the pic above) you should! Blues at its finest! The lead guitarist is phenomenal.

I'm all over Alan Parsons! I have both of his Sound Check CD's he did with Stephen Court and published on Mobile Fidelity Sound Labs!

Never heard of Howard and the White Boys, I'll check them out.
The wife and I try to get to a minimum of one concert a year. Our most recent was we got to see the Eagles last spring. Oh man, what a show that was! Last fall we say the Chili Peppers. Hoping to get a chance to see the Smashing Pumpkins this fall, but don't know if it'll fit in my schedule.

I love live music so much, I used Rocksmith on my Xbox to teach myself how to play the bass (badly). When you're a musician, you know what music is supposed to sound like!

I'm all over Alan Parsons! I have both of his Sound Check CD's he did with Stephen Court and published on Mobile Fidelity Sound Labs!

Never heard of Howard and the White Boys, I'll check them out.
The wife and I try to get to a minimum of one concert a year. Our most recent was we got to see the Eagles last spring. Oh man, what a show that was! Last fall we say the Chili Peppers. Hoping to get a chance to see the Smashing Pumpkins this fall, but don't know if it'll fit in my schedule.

I love live music so much, I used Rocksmith on my Xbox to teach myself how to play the bass (badly). When you're a musician, you know what music is supposed to sound like!

The Eagles! I'm jealous, that's the one band on the bucket list that we haven't seen.

My turn to make you jealous, perhaps anyways. We saw the Stones last October in Nashville. Mick and the boys STILL have it! An amazing show that we waited two years for since the first concert was canceled because of covid.

As for Howard and The White boys. They're big in the Chicago area and they do a lot of covers but also, they do have some original material.

Sorry for the threadjack (again)...

I just found out that War is going to be in concert in my immediate area this fall. I got tickets just now, 3rd row center! Yeah baby!

🎶 Cisco kid was a friend of mine 🎶

The rear woofers are only for fill. When I replaced my front and rears in my previous CX5 with Hertz coaxials, both were equally loud.

Back