Annual Mohican Fun Run ~ Sunday September 18, 2011

Or just do it WRC style with a navigator with good directions. Like a weekend before a few of us who will be leading can go down with our navigators and they can take good notes of speeds and curves, gravel, etc. "Right 3 over crest". That would be epic. I know Tessa would be down for that. But then the more I thought about it, the more I think I should just shut up and keep it to the track. Too many things to look out for on public roads.

Or just do it WRC style with a navigator with good directions. Like a weekend before a few of us who will be leading can go down with our navigators and they can take good notes of speeds and curves, gravel, etc. "Right 3 over crest". That would be epic. I know Tessa would be down for that. But then the more I thought about it, the more I think I should just shut up and keep it to the track. Too many things to look out for on public roads.

Not if you are looking ahead, like on the track

True, but I'm always worrying about oncoming traffic, pedestrians or those wild turkeys around every blind curve...

GOOD TIMES! I can't believe that my snow tires gripped that good while taking the turns that fast and being under powered by over 100hp. The suspensions deffintely helps, but the Falkens would have helped greatly. Can't wait until next year.

Nothing beats going down the back straight or turns going "25mph" hehe.

This was our first funrun and we had a great time I will deffinitly be back for more, those roads were so dusty that it turned my black car grey. I want to get a gopro camera just to film Cubbie, Linda said Cubbie was digging in on the turns and leaning from side to side. Good weather, good drive, good people!!! And on top of it all I still got home to get most of the roof on the shed.

I'm looking forward to seeing your videos, especially since I was in front of you and probably in 99% of it Haha!!! I also want to see how quickly you catch up, damn your car was noticeably quicker on the straights than me, especially after I was heat soaked.

Now that I think about it, I do remember hearing some squeaky brakes behind me a few times, but I didn't think anything of it since it didn't seem abnormal to me. (I figured you guys just always have squeaky brakes lol).

I tried to use my brakes as little as possible. Ever since I figured out heel-toe shifting and got to use it at Beaverun, I'm much more comfortable doing it. It definitely helped down shifting before turns to slow down, then I would already be in the proper gear to accelerate out of the turn.

Haha yea you are the star of all the videos. You're a much better driver than I am though. I think I did ok for only having a stick shift for 3 months but I have a LOT to learn. I learned a lot though and had a blast. I'm sure I'll learn a ton at BeaveRun.

GOOD TIMES! I can't believe that my snow tires gripped that good while taking the turns that fast and being under powered by over 100hp. The suspensions deffintely helps, but the Falkens would have helped greatly. Can't wait until next year.

Nothing beats going down the back straight or turns going "25mph" hehe.

You did great. I can't believe how well those tires gripped either. It was nice to see you again man.

This was our first funrun and we had a great time I will deffinitly be back for more, those roads were so dusty that it turned my black car grey. I want to get a gopro camera just to film Cubbie, Linda said Cubbie was digging in on the turns and leaning from side to side. Good weather, good drive, good people!!! And on top of it all I still got home to get most of the roof on the shed.

Very glad to see you guys out. Cubbie is officially the Mazdaspeed dog. I was telling Cara that we should shave Mazdaspeed onto the dog haha.

Haha yea you are the star of all the videos. You're a much better driver than I am though. I think I did ok for only having a stick shift for 3 months but I have a LOT to learn. I learned a lot though and had a blast. I'm sure I'll learn a ton at BeaveRun.
When/what's at beaverun? Total plug here, autointerests.com has their last track day at Nelson on October 15th... go to the website for more details. I'll be taking the 2 again, will probably take the 15x9s with R1Rs too :D

I'm in for the next fun run for sure, just had a lot going on this past weekend I think I racked up 1,700 miles Saturday and Sunday!

When/what's at beaverun? Total plug here, autointerests.com has their last track day at Nelson on October 15th... go to the website for more details. I'll be taking the 2 again, will probably take the 15x9s with R1Rs too :D

I'm in for the next fun run for sure, just had a lot going on this past weekend I think I racked up 1,700 miles Saturday and Sunday!

Here you go. Hopefully next year you can bring the Miata to the corral and throw it up on the dyno. I cannot wait to see the Camaro owners' faces. :D

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123802400-Flat-Out-Saturday-Beaverun-October-29-2011

bruce and i was talking to this old dude, ya...older than me...he dyno'd his white z3...anyway he was talking about old beaver run...said it was a really cool road to drive.

It's been really similar with few changes for the last... 4 years?

Beaver run is have a track day on Oct.2nd. the info is on torquedracingsolutions.com the entey fee is $160 for the day. I will be signing up soon. Pablo could you post up a thread for this?

Beaver run is have a track day on Oct.2nd. the info is on torquedracingsolutions.com the entey fee is $160 for the day. I will be signing up soon. Pablo could you post up a thread for this?

Well another Mazda owner, besides Fez, is going to have to put some money into there car because of the fun run. I had a small chip in the front window when trailing about 60 feet behind Ivan. Well today I hit a bump going into work and it cracked and made a curved line about 9 inches long. Oh well I needed a new one anyways. NO MORE CRAP COVERED ROADS for fun runs. I still had a great time :)

Back