Mazdaspeed3 Road test

mazdaspeedwerx said:
too bad it's front wheel drive. if they were to go with an awd version of the 3 it would be a really nice car.my msp had taught me to never buy another front wheel drive again

I felt the same way, after having numerous powerful fwd drive cars, I said I want AWD this time around. The winter is what does it for me. I live on a fairly long hill, and the high power fwd's just struggle at times.

this winter should be interesting in the ms6

What an awesome little car though. It's going to be a blast to drive.

the 3 always had a decent wheel gap compared to the 6
now the wheel gap in the MP3 and MSP are just absurd for a "lowered" car... now that's understandable on a STOCK ES or P5 (and it's actually decent compared to many cars out there).. they should've just made the MP3 and MSP a bit more lower like what my JDM mazdaspeed springs gave me... there's no "slammed" or "tucked" look, but there's basically no wheel gap on my car now:)

nvmsp said:
stop complaining. The srt4 is front wheel drive too.
mazda has made some very big steps in the industry but they should have made awd so they would compete with the other mitsu and subaru. it seems ford is had it's way with the car and made a dodge and chevy the competitors. they should have aimed for world domination

man...you guys need to read the first post in this thread more closely. it was designed to COMPETE with the VW GTi and Ford Focus ST of europe

Official Mazda Australia specs

Mazda Australia has updated its website today with official Aussie specs. We don't get loaded with sat nav etc but the Leather spec price with Zenon lights etc is close to USA car. Perhaps the only guide will be it is appox 20% more expensive than non turbo car so you may have an indication of your initial car cost.
http://www.mazda.com.au

I will post a few local reviews of the car in the next week as it has been released here now!

TheDutchGun said:
Yeah Bank st is where I ordered mine from. I like the red so no big deal. I was driving a 2001 chrysler 300m for the previous 3 weeks and I blew the engine. I just happened to be checking the Mazda website and saw that the MS3 was comin out relatively soon so I called them right away and they said they were taking preorders. Do you know of any Mazdaspeed clubs in Ottawa?

This Won't be my first Mazda 3, I was leasing one before but it took me a year to realise that leases suck. But I figured if i liked the car with 160 hp, then I'll probably like it with 250........ just a guess

No Mazdaspeed clubs that I know of. There is a Protege club (pm me for the details), but there are Proteges, 3s, 323s, a few RX7s, some Miatas, and a few MS6s who are a part of it.

R

P.S. How did you manage to blow the engine in the 300m?

Rainman said:
No Mazdaspeed clubs that I know of. There is a Protege club (pm me for the details), but there are Proteges, 3s, 323s, a few RX7s, some Miatas, and a few MS6s who are a part of it.

R

P.S. How did you manage to blow the engine in the 300m?

Not sure, Must have just been a bad one, the oil was full and everything so it didn't sieze due to lack of lubrication. I don't know. Pretty much eliminiated any faith I had left in American cars though. I only bought it beacuse of the ridiculous deal I got. Call it a friend of the family discount. But it didn't turn into a deal when the engine went. Im more or less counting down the days til my MS3 comes in though. My friends are getting pretty annoyed at this point.

Don't mean to be a hater but from some angles the 3 hatch just looks...well....ugly! What I would not give to have that motor in my P5! A match made in heaven

Rainman said:
I was at Bank St. asking about it 2 weeks ago and they told me that Red was the only colour we were getting initially.

R
Rainman, check out the official Mazda Canada MS3 forum. Lots of good info. Per the site red only for the first batch and then one other color chosen by some sort of vote or poll. The site is moderated by a Mazda rep.

APEXistud said:
WOW, the red looks great in the picture. I'd be happy with red although the cops would be giving me more attention. No biggy since my Miata is red too. I really like the Titanium one in the first pick in this thread.

Take off the Mazaspeed badge no cop will ever suspect a base 3(laserp5)

Back