Mazdaspeed3 Road test

sucks that I just got my 3 a few months ago, oh well ill see what trade in value will be, and how much of my ass Im going to lose on it and if its around the price of a turbo kit, the other upgrades will be worth the loss, maybe...

eeek.

ChopstickHero said:
nice blurb

i wish they put it in the 4 door

Umm, No... Then it would not be a Hot Hatch... It would be with the EVO... Oh Great, Just what we needed, another EVO...(poke)

"Wagons Are For Racing"

Rainman said:
I was at the dealer this week asking about when the MS3 would arrive here. They are slated to arrive in September and the MSRP is $28,000 CAN.

R

I'm expecting 32k for a decently equipped one, but that is just my guess. Of course you can expect the lease rates on these cars to be at min 5.9% - 6.9% in Sept, which would place the payment on a 30k car higher then my MS6

This is why I bought mine now at 0.9% :) ... and I didn't want a hatch.

That looks to be on awesome ride, that will make folks think twice about Mazda. They truely are finally getting the picture.

Newf said:
I'm expecting 32k for a decently equipped one, but that is just my guess. Of course you can expect the lease rates on these cars to be at min 5.9% - 6.9% in Sept, which would place the payment on a 30k car higher then my MS6

This is why I bought mine now at 0.9% :) ... and I didn't want a hatch.

Although I would love to be one of the first to have one again, I might have to wait and pull a "Newf" on this one. It all depends on what kind of trade I can get for the MSP or how much I can get if I sell the MSP. Two of the parts guys at my local Mazda and one of the techs want to buy the MSP if I decide to move up to the MS3. If I can get enough over the buy-back that I can make the MS3 end up costing the same as my lease payments on the MSP, I will jump in early. Otherwise, I'll have to wait.

R

If I did not need a bigger car, I would be all over this.......

Looking nice!

-R

Based on the MPS 6 #'s...I'd say 0-60 in 6.1 is more like 5.4-5.5.

Mazda is really cautious about over estimating ANYTHING lately...ever since the whole rx8 fiasco.

I like a positive blurb myself, but that was even less substantial than an Edwards "1st Impression". You'd almost have to wonder if they even drove the thing if it weren't for the comments about torque steer and braking. Anyway, maybe this signals some real reviews coming from the Aussie car mags. Can't wait!

Yeah I put my Deposit down like 6 weeks ago already here in Ottawa and all the dealers here are saying late September/early October at about $28,000. I honestly don't think there will be variations in Canada like in the USA like the sport/GT models. We only get 1 colour. I'm guessing they will all be the same here. Just thought I'd throw that in here since noone has posted in the Canada thread in like 4 months.

What color? Are they all red up here? That's what I heard. Honestly, I'd be all over thsi car, but I prefer the sedan 3 over the hatch...

^hmmm

170<250+

I think Mazda has that covered.

TheDutchGun said:
Yeah I put my Deposit down like 6 weeks ago already here in Ottawa and all the dealers here are saying late September/early October at about $28,000. I honestly don't think there will be variations in Canada like in the USA like the sport/GT models. We only get 1 colour. I'm guessing they will all be the same here. Just thought I'd throw that in here since noone has posted in the Canada thread in like 4 months.

I was at Bank St. asking about it 2 weeks ago and they told me that Red was the only colour we were getting initially.

R

My new turbo arrived yesterday

In Australia my new Turbo 3 arrived at the dealer this week and i am taking delivery next Wednesday. Chose the red and it looks great in the flesh. Test drove the black one also pictured and it is a much better street ride than the 6 turbo with wider torque band. I currently have an RX8 and you can hold it in the one gear all day with the torque just like the rotary.
Aussie spec is 190KW and you really have to hang onto it from 4-6000 RPM. pulls really well.
After a drive, just get it!!

Attachments

• CIMG0031.JPG
    CIMG0031.JPG
    151 KB · Views: 297
  • CIMG0033.JPG
    CIMG0033.JPG
    156.4 KB · Views: 296
  • CIMG0040.JPG
    CIMG0040.JPG
    239.5 KB · Views: 312
Rainman said:
I was at Bank St. asking about it 2 weeks ago and they told me that Red was the only colour we were getting initially.

R
Yeah Bank st is where I ordered mine from. I like the red so no big deal. I was driving a 2001 chrysler 300m for the previous 3 weeks and I blew the engine. I just happened to be checking the Mazda website and saw that the MS3 was comin out relatively soon so I called them right away and they said they were taking preorders. Do you know of any Mazdaspeed clubs in Ottawa?

This Won't be my first Mazda 3, I was leasing one before but it took me a year to realise that leases suck. But I figured if i liked the car with 160 hp, then I'll probably like it with 250........ just a guess

japfan said:
In Australia my new Turbo 3 arrived at the dealer this week and i am taking delivery next Wednesday. Chose the red and it looks great in the flesh. Test drove the black one also pictured and it is a much better street ride than the 6 turbo with wider torque band. I currently have an RX8 and you can hold it in the one gear all day with the torque just like the rotary.
Aussie spec is 190KW and you really have to hang onto it from 4-6000 RPM. pulls really well.
After a drive, just get it!!

WOW, the red looks great in the picture. I'd be happy with red although the cops would be giving me more attention. No biggy since my Miata is red too. I really like the Titanium one in the first pick in this thread.

On mazda.ca they say that the MS3 will have 250+hp, will there be like 2 versions of it ? NA/EURO ?

too bad it's front wheel drive. if they were to go with an awd version of the 3 it would be a really nice car.my msp had taught me to never buy another front wheel drive again

Back