Mazdaspeed 3 CAI ?

Is there a dealer that we know of that we can call to order these from ? Lets find one that knows what the hell they're doing, and order it from them !!

Good, you took care of it yourself. My buddy had to call the DC in North Carolina to get them to confirm they were in stock and available as the EXTREMELY large Mazda dealership near us said they werent out yet. Walla, they are out and have been for some time! Same part number as the last one if I remember correctly and same price. There is really no difference other than the straightner.

Does your buddy have that telephone number handy ?

My CAI was located from the Mazda parts depot in Olive Branch, MO.

label.jpg

box2.jpg

This is who I have been talking about all along. Mike, do you still have your contact information for the warehouse in MO?

just went to a different dealer today and they are giving me the same thing. either ppl on here are lying or they really don't want to help

the parts person had the same part number as the one in the picture (GRMS-8M-L29) but once again right on their screen it said "pending blah blah blah blah."

i asked if they had any just sitting in parts but he said even if he did they would be allowed to sell it because of the whole CEL thing. i asked him if he had contact info for the place in MO but he said no. then he gave me a printout of a list of dealers that had the older MS3 cai and told me i coul try to see if they would send me one. and i guess i'd have to get an air straightener seperately

im half tempted to get an AEM and a straightener but damnit i want that "MAZDASPEED" plate on the intake

so i just called a parts dept in OH to see if they could send one out to me and he told me he has one on hold for someone else (don't know if it's someone on here but they have an 07)

here's the thing...the parts guy told me that they are not releasing/ordering the intakes unless the VIN falls under a certain category, namely an 07. i guess if you have a 2007 ms3 you can get the cai for it, but they are not releasing them for 08+.

he recommended i get a VIN from an 07 with roughly the same options that i have on my ms3 and approach a mazda parts counter and try to order it that way, cuz that's what he had to do for another guy.

so i just called a parts dept in OH to see if they could send one out to me and he told me he has one on hold for someone else (don't know if it's someone on here but they have an 07)

here's the thing...the parts guy told me that they are not releasing/ordering the intakes unless the VIN falls under a certain category, namely an 07. i guess if you have a 2007 ms3 you can get the cai for it, but they are not releasing them for 08+.

he recommended i get a VIN from an 07 with roughly the same options that i have on my ms3 and approach a mazda parts counter and try to order it that way, cuz that's what he had to do for another guy.

I had no problems getting mine for my 08, not an 08.5. It's at the dealer, but not installed yet. I guess we'll see ..

^ breezy which dealer in cincy did you get it from? im going to try and get mine tomorrow

finally was able to order one today. good thing too because i was about to get the AEM (don't bash me)

so if anyone in the NE wants one there are 20 (-1 of course cuz it's mine hehe) in a PA warehouse. not sure which dealers use this place but i ordered mine through nucar mazda in DE. arrives monday, hopefully get around to the install by tuesday (weather permitting) and i'll do an oil change while im at it

Man these dealerships either dont have a clue what is going on or Mazda does not communicate or update their parts systems well or in a timely fashion. Terrible to have to go through that much to get a simple part like the CAI.

The only way opting for a MSCAI will keep your warranty intact is if it was on the car when you purchased it. If you think your blown motor warranty claim can’t be denied for having this piece on your car then you're going to be in for a big surprise. Go ahead and ask Mazda about this, I already have. For this reason it makes no sense really to opt for this CAI over any other aftermarket brand.

was it by any chance jeff wyler mazda?

Sorry guys, I wasn't following the post. Yes, it was Jeff Wyler's in Eastgete. Say hi to Marc for me. He's a car nut too and he handles the Mazda stuff there.

BTW, the intake really changes the car. Wheelspin while rolling in 2nd gear and the dyno charts are right .. more torque at mid revs and pulls nicely to 6200. The motor does lean up a bit and it only really shows up on cold start. It'll miss a few hits for about 5 to 10 seconds. You can really hear it when you get in the turbo now too. "Raws" the car up a bit. Wow, what a change.

Last edited:
The only way opting for a MSCAI will keep your warranty intact is if it was on the car when you purchased it. If you think your blown motor warranty claim cant be denied for having this piece on your car then you're going to be in for a big surprise. Go ahead and ask Mazda about this, I already have. For this reason it makes no sense really to opt for this CAI over any other aftermarket brand.

it sounds like you were told that by a dealer trying to screw you so you can pay them a ridiculous amount to install it for you. I personally am not going to get into all the reasons on why this is wrong because I have on several occasions already and so have quite a few others.

And because that theory of whoever told you that has been tested and failed already, I call BS. There have been more than a couple occasions already where a ms cai was installed on a blown engine and it has been replaced without question.

it sounds like you were told that by a dealer trying to screw you so you can pay them a ridiculous amount to install it for you. I personally am not going to get into all the reasons on why this is wrong because I have on several occasions already and so have quite a few others.

And because that theory of whoever told you that has been tested and failed already, I call BS. There have been more than a couple occasions already where a ms cai was installed on a blown engine and it has been replaced without question.

The can deny you just like with any other aftermarket part. If they do or not its up to them.

Say hi to Marc for me.

yea kinda late now. i've since ordered, received, and installed the mscai

i, too, am loving it! im not quite sure if i can "feel" the power difference, but i can definitly hear the bpv and induction from spooling

and the only reason why i can't "feel" the difference is that im not usually hard on the throttle unless it's necessary, and finding myself in a situation like that doesn't happen all the time. so whenever i do decided to stomp on it the car always feels like the same amount of quickness to me

FYI- Looks like the MSCAI is now (finally) being released pretty broadly to dealers. onlinemazdaparts and others have it online. Mine arrives today. I've been waiting 4 months for mine, and looking forward to unleashing the beast!

It seems there are still a lot of members that feel Green Warranty parts somehow void claims associated with the 36k/60K vehicle warranty. They do not, unless there is evidence of improper installation that is directly related to a single warranty claim. The 12K Green Warranty applies to the intake piping, filter, and connector hoses.

This comes directly from Irvine HQ BTW.

FYI- Looks like the MSCAI is now (finally) being released pretty broadly to dealers. onlinemazdaparts and others have it online. Mine arrives today. I've been waiting 4 months for mine, and looking forward to unleashing the beast!

Would you be willing to post the CARB EO number off the main pipe? I'm interested to know if it has been udpated.

Last edited:
Back