Mazda5 Thudding in rear while going over uneven road

:
'13 Mazda 5 Sport
Ive attached an image over some painted rumble strips and a video of the sound that comes from the rear when I drive over them. I’m just wandering if this is a normal sound as it has made this sound since I bought it from the dealership in 2020. It doesn’t seem to be getting worse, but it’s very annoying.

Attachments

• IMG_8010.jpeg
    IMG_8010.jpeg
    170.6 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_8008.mov
    4.5 MB
Seems like a lot of people chase this sound. It's probably in the rear shocks or the upper mounts. The rear upper mounts are notorious for cracking. The shocks and struts seems to make noise when they get worn too.

If it's been doing this for 4 years and isn't getting worse...not sure I'd worry about it.

Sounds like the rear upper mount. If that is what it is. It is a cheap fix, about 100 to 150$.

Look at the top of your rear suspension, where the strut connects at the top, you can probably see it if it is cracked and loose.

Last time mine broke, I bought two new OEM shocks because they have the upper mounts pre-installed. $75 each, and about 10 minutes per side to change.

Last time mine broke, I bought two new OEM shocks because they have the upper mounts pre-installed. $75 each, and about 10 minutes per side to change.

Do you have a part number for the mounts by chance? Going to be redoing the suspension myself soon.

Back