Mazda5 2012 2.0L engine stalls when warm

:
Mazda 5, 2.0L
I have Mazda 5 2012 2.0l engine (Europe). When engine start to get warm it will stall. I replaced the Camshaft sensor and the car was good for few months, but then it started again so I thought I must have bought bad quality sensor, so I bought new sensor from Mazda dealer and it worked again for few months, but now again the car got the same problem. I don't believe I always get "bad quality" sensors, there must be another reason that lead to this behavor!!!
I don't know where to look next.
First time when this happen, I didn't got any error code, so after lot of search I found out it was possible the Camshaft sensor, and indeed after replacing the sensor the car was good (for few months). Now I got the P0340 error (Camshaft sensor), but I am wander why it will last only for few months. Is it something else that lead to the sensors won't last for long or something other that have infect on the sensor when it not new and fresh, or is something else I miss?

thanks
thaiiceland

What brand sensor are you getting? Only buy OEM MAZDA sensors.

All other sensors are trash. The aftermarket auto parts industry is on a race to the bottom. It's all fakes and counterfeits and made of garbage materials.

Beyond that, if it's not the sensor, it's looking like an issue with the wiring to the cam sensor.

First sensor I did bought at amazon.com (I don't remember the brand, but it was not expensive). The second sensor I order direct from the Mazda main dealer for Iceland (so it is 100% OEM MAZDA). That sensor was very expensive and seems just have last similar to that I order from Amazon.
But I feel it must be something else that is the problem. It must be something that effect the sensor, and somehow seems to work while the sensor is new.
I have order new sensor and Crankshaft sensor as well, but living in Iceland, this will take up to 2 weeks to arrive.
I am planing to order MAS sensor and Ignition coils and spark plugs and change all of these as well (just to try something). I will check the wires as well.
Now I just have to wait for my orders to arrive (amazon say 8th August). until then I just have to wait.....

I would trust that the CAM sensor is not the source of the problem then since you used a Mazda part.
The computer P0340 code is telling you what is wrong.

Coils, MAS and plugs aren't going to fix your issue. Potentially it will be worse if the new parts are faulty.

Here is an easy guide to test a cam sensor. I have never done it but it should be the same on a Mazda.

I'm thinking there is a fault in the wiring that is killing the cam sensors. The fact that every CAM sensor you put in works for a while makes me think the ECU is bad or the wiring is bad and eventually kills the sensor.

You should go and download the wiring diagram for your car and look where the cam sensor wiring goes.

Back