Mazda3 Sedan Pics!

mazdie5.jpg

Last edited:
thanks for the comments guys, and yea im dropped on Skunk2 springs.

oh and i love that MS3 style grill you are trying, that would look really hot

Painted Calipers & Rotors

Decided to Paint the Calipers and Center Hub of my Rotors yesterday.

Front Before Paint......
01FrontPre-Paint.jpg

Front After Paint......
02FrontPainted.jpg

Rear Before Paint......
03RearPre-Paint.jpg

Rear After Paint......
04RearPainted2.jpg

Overall Look After Paint......
05SidePostPaint-1.jpg

Looks good! I just picked up a set of 1st gen 17's for my car, im looking into painting them gunmetal and the calipers silver or maybe bronze

Attachments

• user743_pic2524_1276733057.jpg
    user743_pic2524_1276733057.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 319
i flippin love the color of your rims lol. how much did you pay to get that done? what color is that?

Decided to Paint the Calipers and Center Hub of my Rotors yesterday.

Front Before Paint......
01FrontPre-Paint.jpg

Front After Paint......
02FrontPainted.jpg

Rear Before Paint......
03RearPre-Paint.jpg

Rear After Paint......
04RearPainted2.jpg

Overall Look After Paint......
05SidePostPaint-1.jpg

I actually do a lot of painting in my spare time, and did the wheels, hood, grille and trim myself.
The wheel color is Mazda Black Mica (paint code 16W), but I customized it a bit by having my CarQuest paint guy double the amount of pearl which lightened it up a shade to give it more of a gunmetal look. It's Dupont Chromabase paint with 3 coats of clear.

looks like someone has stolen my car and put a 2.3 and painted some trim pieces >.>

So wanna3, how do you like the Tein H-Tech springs. I'm currently running the Eibach Sportlines which handle great, but for daily driving are just too stiff. As a result I've ordered-up a set of the H-Tech's and they're suppose to arrive later this week. I'm hoping it'll be a good compromise between stock and ultra-low.

ok, so i'm seeing all these car-color grills. i bought an '09 base model 3, and it has chrome other than the flying m. why is this and where can i get one like all of you? haha

So wanna3, how do you like the Tein H-Tech springs. I'm currently running the Eibach Sportlines which handle great, but for daily driving are just too stiff. As a result I've ordered-up a set of the H-Tech's and they're suppose to arrive later this week. I'm hoping it'll be a good compromise between stock and ultra-low.

The drop is 2.0 in front and 1.6 in rear, to be honest i hate it, its too low and its uneven (i didnt do my research before purchase) and without upgraded shocks and struts or stiffer sway bars its just for show (although still better than stock). Im planning on getting the road magnets down the road along with some upgraded shocks and struts.

Correction i as well am lowered on the s-techs, still hate them and according to tein its 2in drop in front and 1.5in rear

Correction i as well am lowered on the s-techs, still hate them and according to tein its 2in drop in front and 1.5in rear

Yes, Wanna, I just logged in to correct your previous post. The H-Tech's arrived today and I just finished getting them installed (about 4 hours total install time). Much faster than 6 months ago when I put in the Sport-Lines. I think that one took about 8 hours

Anyways, the H-Techs only lower the car about an inch. They publish 1" F, 0.6" R, but it looks more like 1" all around. I'll post some pictures soon to show the difference.
Only had a few minutes to take a short trip around the neighborhood, but they are definitely smoother. Back to the ride quality of the factory springs, but with less body roll in the corners. Of course now I'll need to re-align the toe again, both front and rear, but it will have to wait until tomorrow.

-Later.....

Back