Mazda3 keyless entry

puelly

I recently bought a 2006 Mazda3 but it lacks keyless entry. I was thinking of getting the parts from a Mazda dealer and getting keyless entry added but then I also thought that it might be best to add a aftermarket alarm system with keyless entry. What are your thoughts and what alarm system would you guys recommend for the Mazda3 that can be easily installed. I want to do it myself.

Thanks

Richard

Hey man,

I'm in the same boat, just bought a 2006 Mazda 3 GS and doesn't have power locks or windows.

Can someone help us out?

Well, if the car comes without power door locks, you can have an alarm shop install door lock actuators and an aftermarket alarm.

Just FYI the locks are cable driven, not rod driven. There aren't nearly as many cable kits available, but they are there.

Well, if the car comes without power door locks, you can have an alarm shop install door lock actuators and an aftermarket alarm.

My car has power locks just no keyless entry. Is there a particular brand or type of aftermarket alarm you would recommend that would work well with a 2006 Mazda3?

My car has power locks just no keyless entry. Is there a particular brand or type of aftermarket alarm you would recommend that would work well with a 2006 Mazda3?

Any decent alarm installer will know what wire to intercept for the door locks. Or, are you planning to do it yourself? If you are DIY, then most any place where you would buy the alarm will have the correct harness for your car. Have you checked out crutchfield.com? I believe they include all neccesary kits and instructions you will need with the alarm, plus, they have very good technical support.

If you're in the US and have OEM power locks then you also have keyless entry. In that case you may just be missing the key fobs. Did you buy your car used?

If you're in the US and have OEM power locks then you also have keyless entry. In that case you may just be missing the key fobs. Did you buy your car used?

Ah, that could be the case. If so, you can buy used fobs on ebay or I have an extra from my Protege5. It looks exactly like the ones for my MS3 so it might work. If interested, I can post up a pic with signage.

^^^What he said. You can get a regular fob for about ...... $40-50 I think, or you can get a flip key/remote for about $80.

I just got a 2007 Mazda 3 that appears to have OEM power locks, but no keyless entry. I thought I might be in the same circumstance (actually having keyless entry, but lacking the fobs). I appear to have the security system that requires the key to have the right transmitter, and it'd seem to me if it can check a radio signal from a key near the ignition, it could receive keyless signals to unlock the power doors.

So, would a fob off eBay give me keyless entry?

I just got a 2007 Mazda 3 that appears to have OEM power locks, but no keyless entry. I thought I might be in the same circumstance (actually having keyless entry, but lacking the fobs). I appear to have the security system that requires the key to have the right transmitter, and it'd seem to me if it can check a radio signal from a key near the ignition, it could receive keyless signals to unlock the power doors.

So, would a fob off eBay give me keyless entry?

The engine immobilizer is present on all Mazda 3's (at least in North America) and is a completely separate system from the KEU.

As I mentioned above if you're in the US and have power locks then you should have keyless entry and likely just need a remote. The KEU system was changed in '07 so the remote you'd need is going to be more expensive than one for a an earlier model.

As I mentioned above if you're in the US and have power locks then you should have keyless entry and likely just need a remote. The KEU system was changed in '07 so the remote you'd need is going to be more expensive than one for a an earlier model.

That's all I needed. Before I bought remotes, though, I first tried to do the command (turn-key-three-times, shut-door-three-times) to see if it would respond as if it was ready to receive new remotes. At first, this was a miss, but then when I used a different method than I initially found elsewhere on this forum (or a similar one) that added a missing process (press lock, then unlock before turning key), it responded, so I went ahead and purchased.

I was mindful of '03-'06 having a different keyless remote than '07, but found a good deal anyway :) Someone was selling 2 used (but one looks like the spare he never used) off of eBay for < $20.

Last edited:
Back