Mazda OEM Accessories rear window shade.

Most dealers there will likely just completely ignore requests for exporting (I emailed a couple about the alarm early on). The time needed for doing the shipping and making sure all the documents are correct if they don't do it on a regular basis would outweigh the profit for most. And risks of fraud increase greatly with international shipping.

Then there is the fun of the shipment showing up at the customer with added brokerage fees for getting it through customs and import taxes added. That can be an unpleasant shock for the customer. The little guys on ebay just ship the small stuff by regular mail and lie about what it is on the forms. The larger companies are usually more worried about getting caught for fraud and don't dance around the rules as much.

I'm not sure what Mazda's take on it is but Honda calls those gray market parts and it is in violation of the contract with the dealerships to export and they can shut you down for it. (and then just resell your dealer license to someone else for millions)

Usually it takes a middle man with contacts in the other country to buy and then export the items for resale. The downside there is that adds a lot to the price.

They are 17" but their wheels look nice to me (guess that would be really expensive to ship)
th

Most dealers there will likely just completely ignore requests for exporting (I emailed a couple about the alarm early on). The time needed for doing the shipping and making sure all the documents are correct if they don't do it on a regular basis would outweigh the profit for most. And risks of fraud increase greatly with international shipping.

Then there is the fun of the shipment showing up at the customer with added brokerage fees for getting it through customs and import taxes added. That can be an unpleasant shock for the customer. The little guys on ebay just ship the small stuff by regular mail and lie about what it is on the forms. The larger companies are usually more worried about getting caught for fraud and don't dance around the rules as much.

I'm not sure what Mazda's take on it is but Honda calls those gray market parts and it is in violation of the contract with the dealerships to export and they can shut you down for it. (and then just resell your dealer license to someone else for millions)

Usually it takes a middle man with contacts in the other country to buy and then export the items for resale. The downside there is that adds a lot to the price.
Thanks for clarifying this. Do you have any suggestions for doing an end run around these restrictions?

Thanks for clarifying this. Do you have any suggestions for doing an end run around these restrictions?

Paypal one of our Aus members the money for them to purchase and ship them to you? I agree that they would be very nice to have - is there perhaps some restriction on Window tint there which is the reason why they have them?

I am pretty sure MazMart is able to import any genuine Mazda part and accessory from any continent. I have asked them to import a euro spec rear foglight and they are willing to at a reasonable price.

Unfortunately, I am not sure if I want to pay the international price premium for a metal lined netting used for a rear window shade. I was hoping it would be plausible to buy a pair within the states.

It would be nice if Mazmart had an acknowledgement regarding the existence of the CX-5 on their site when trying to search for parts to order... ahh, they do under accessories.

Anyone tried to see if they could order Eurospec rear headrests?

If anyone is interested in any parts, just contact them. I am not associated with them in anyway, but I know they are awesome when it comes to hooking up hard to find genuine parts. I know they can practically get any part from Mazda be it from Mazda Euro, Aus, or Japan. I opened a thread in rx8club in their vendor section specifically for CX-5 parts demand.

wow those are cool, easier to use than those suction cup stick on kinds for babies, shame they're only in non-us markets, probably some stupid legality or liability issue for not being sold here...

Mahzder... lol gotta love them Ozzies.

I, for one am tired of reading about and/or seeing products for cars that, due to American Exceptionalism are not made available here. Utter regional marketing bulls***, hate it like the global trim level CF. I blame Walmart.

Back