mazda e2200

martin150

:
mazda e2200
Evening all, i am unsure where best to post this, but i am a little lost, i have a e2200 (carpet fitters van) and it has a leak in the passenger footwell. I have tried the hosepipe test to no avail, i have also looked for the heater matrix and cannot find an issue there.

I have taken out a bung from the floor pan as a suspect and re-sealed it in but i am still getting the problem.

Any ideas as to what it could be or where to look would be a great as yahoo does not throw up a lot of help!

many thanks

martin

Check for leaks while it is sitting in the driveway in the rain (off).

Check for leaks while car is idleing with heater on (if you think that is the issue).

If neither of those presents the problem then it obviously is when you are driving, probably from water being flung upward (into tire well).

An easy thing to do would be get some silicone or JB weld and go over all the joints/creases where different body panels meet. Another thing you could do if you could go without carpet for awhile would be to tape paper in that footwell and if you check it every so often you will see where the leak is originating from.

Back