Guide Mazda CX-5 Fuel filter strainer replacement

Nice video procedure. Good job (as always) on camera position and thorough detail. I also like how you make it friendly to all languages by pointing and visual demonstrations how connections/fasteners operate vs voice narration.

Thank you felixd for your efforts! I appreciate them. :)

Hi guys, hope you are all well. Just like to share another video. Might be useful for all you owners.

Agree with all HyFlyer said above! Please keep posting those videos!

Hi guys, hope you are all well. Just like to share another video. Might be useful for all you owners.

I have to say since this maintenance project involved accessing the gas tank, whoever wants to do it he / she has to be proceeding with caution. I myself did it once taking out a failed secondary fuel pump inside of the gas tank from a VW Jetta. I didn’t replace the plastic strainer / filter at the time, but only cleaned it.

The accumulated blow-by oil in the catch can is not too significant comparing Chris_Top_Her’s. Any such blow-by oil and gas intercepted by catch can should be a good thing reducing the intake valve deposit.

The catch can works! I was glad to see how easy it is to access the fuel pump. In some cars it is harder to get too. And I was surprised to see how much dust accumulated on top of it. I am going to stick with using top tier gas.

Back