Mazda caught in emissions cheating scandal

Diesels only? Because that wont impact US market.

However this could hurt their reputation

Diesels only? Because that wont impact US market.

However this could hurt their reputation
According to the news, it doesn't say it's only the diesel. Gas vehicles definitely are included too.

Didn't care when VW got 'caught'. Don't care now. Didn't buy it because of mpg numbers.

Going by the fuel economy monitor, I can hit the urban (city) and combined figures but not extra urban (highway)

No wonder I have a hard time to meet the EPA fuel economy highway estimate (30 mpg) from my 2016 AWD CX-5 * Not on the rest of vehicles I've owned.

Oh please, plenty of people get the stated MPG for the CX-5. And there is no evidence that any of this has impacted the US market.

Oh please, plenty of people get the stated MPG for the CX-5. And there is no evidence that any of this has impacted the US market.
Yeah, by driving under 70 mph on the 80 mph speed zone. My AWD CX-5 definitely is not a good sample out of the assembly line.

I could give a rats anus if I get 28 or even 26 rather than stated hwy 30- my X1 is the most egregious 34 stated I really struggle to see 30 ever and I'm fine with that its a quick lil bastard and I can drift it;)
What I do care about is emissions..I don't want to hear Mazda and emissions issue in the same magazine much less sentence..this could be nail in coffin for diesel if implicated beyond just Japan but lot of unknowns seems.

Meh who cares. If emissions are fudged that's one thing. MPG? I've never given a flying frak about it.

Pretty much all Kias / Hyundais never get EPA. Infact most Kia owners acknowledge this. Camry is another high volume car that totally misses EPA#. Subaru Outbacks as new as 2014 hit 17-19 mpg for many buyers - thats pretty bad for CVT equipped 2.5 Liter. My CX5 has been a sufficient urban commuter. I am going to mount a 40 mpg trip challenge once I get my AEM + lighter tires.

Let's wait until the official government report is released. At this stage, plenty of automotive companies are under scrutiny. It would be naive to think that most companies won't negligibly manipulate some variable parameters in their favour. There is a difference between falsifying tests and actually implementing a cheating device on its vehicles (VW). I've never achieved the claimed manufacturer fuel mileage figures on any vehicles I've driven and I've driven plenty in my lifetime. Fuel consumption figures are just a guide and tested under strict conditions. As far as Mazda's go 'in the real world', I believe the actual fuel consumption figures from it's NA engines gets close to its claims compared to many other NA and Turbo drivetrains.

Back