Mazda Canada unlimited mileage warranty!

piotrek91

:
2013 CX-5 6MT
This sounds way too good to be true.. but it looks like all 2015 Mazdas in Canada now come with Unlimited mileage warranty!

Looks like the Skyactiv cars are holding up very well.. now if only this warranty existed in the USA.. and applied to older models..

Introducing Mazda Unlimited a first-of-its-kind warranty program that features unlimited mileage for our 3-YEAR New Vehicle, 3-YEAR Roadside Assistance, 5-YEAR Powertrain, and 7-YEAR Anti-Perforation warranties. Now there are no limits on how far you can go. This is the Mazda Way.

http://www.mazdaunlimited.ca/

It's true, received an email from Mazda Canada yesterday - applies retroactively to 2015 models (got mine in August). Unlimited Km for 3 year warranty, roadside assistance, 5 year for powertrain and 7 for rust through.

I won't put enough on that it matters, but a good sign (adding value rather than taking it away).

Awesome Mazda!

I will not likely exceed the mileage limits of current warranty but this is definitely a good sign about Mazda's confidence in their powertrain offerings.

Last edited:
Mine's been on the road 2 1/2 years and I only have 31,000 km (19262 miles) on it. I doubt I'll ever hit any mileage limits before the time period expires....but good to know and its a good move on Mazda's part. Too bad not retroactive to 2013!

I wish this was in the US... I would definitely exceed the warranty within 3 years or even my extended warranty...

Not trying to be a smart@$$, but I suppose you Canadians call it unlimited "mileage" even though you measure in kilometers?(scratch)

I've heard "mileage" more often in french than "kilometrage".

Nevertheless, I'm guessing that Canadians put less mileage on their cars than Americans. All warranty expenses are factored into the purchase price, a possible reason why they would have unlimited mileage here and not the States is that it's not as profitable. It still shows that they have confidence in their powertrain!

It's true. I just bought a CX-5 last week and got the unlimited mileage warranty. 3yrs Comprehesive and 5 yrs powertrain. I do a lot of travel for work so thought it was well worth it.
One question I had was with the extended warranty which almost makes no sense with unlimited miles on a new car. They were trying to extend my Comprehensive to 5 yrs from 3 yr (bear in mind
I am already covered for Powertrain) so this would be things like the radio, etc. for $2500. Sounds steep.

Back