Mazda 2 caught in the US

SMART move (no pun) bringing this car to North America... what did the US say to mazda to piss them off ??

SMART move (no pun) bringing this car to North America... what did the US say to mazda to piss them off ??

Some of the US dealers were mad at Mazda because the 2 is only coming to Canada. I'm not sure how many dealers we're talking about. If the US wants the car bad enough and will commit to an acceptable number of cars I'm sure it will happen. But originally MNAO didn't want this car and Canada has been begging for it for a few years.

I've sent a few tips to Autoblog over the years and it seems I'm either too late each time or they don't want to show us any "luv"...In anycase...I'm really excited to see Mazda showing interest in releasing the Mazda2 Stateside!

It will be interesting to see how this plays out...

Out in Australia (has been for a little while now - we got the predecessor too)... the Genki (top trim package) looks pretty damned hot - powerplant across the australian range is the 1.5L MZR thingy.... and there is rumours that there MAY be a petrol turbo version soonish....

In japan I believe there is a 1.3L miller cycle supercharged varient for ultimate fuel ecomony....Antoine can probably verify this for us :p

There is 1 or 2 driving around irvine (work 1 mile from Mazda HQ, ) and the new body style rx-8 also.
usually when i see them driving around with the dealer plates. the model was out soon after.

we have the 2009's already and i like the way they look alot. what was the time between when you saw them driving around and when they got shipped?

i'd trade my speed6 in a heartbeat! i love the 6 but its too big. and i like the sedan. if they made a mazda 2 sedan speed i would be the happiest girl alive

I sure hope they do this car.

It is exactly what is missing in Mazda's lineup right now. (Besides a real Mazda truck)(rei)

It is exactly what is missing in Mazda's lineup right now. (Besides a real Mazda truck)(rei)

so true! It so strongly seems like FORD is making this process go really slow for MNAO. They know the ORIGINAL, better "Fiesta" would seriously threaten Ford's version which is probably still having the badges and sheetmetal made. WHat gets m is that it's Mazda's car and engineering, they have a RIGHT to sell the damn vehicle here, well before Ford's Fiesta

Knowing MNAO, they're going to probably detune and tinker with the MPS 2 (MS2), just like they did with the MSP, in order to cut costs.

Hopefully that won't be the case, if and when the MPS2(MS2) gets here... if ever.

Back