Max out

BlackCherry

:
2002 Mazda Protege 5
What's the highest speed that your p5 can hit? Cause mine doesn't let me pass ninety, I think it has a limited, I bought it used

thats not right.

ive hit 110 before. it really doesnt have the power to get past that in a reasonable distance. even though 110 takes a ungodly amount of time.

I tried it in a quarter mile straight road. Apparently my friend said the rpm meter stopped moving once i hit 90 and it wouldn't let me go any faster, but my eyes were on the road, so i didn't get a good look at it. I gotta try it again soon

On my old P5 with intake and header, 128mph is the fastest I've been but if I had more road, could have hit low 130's.

i got ~120mph with a roof rack on and an intake. She had legs for at least 5 mph more but i was running out of road. A header would have really helped for sure.

I hit 125 before I started running out of road and pulled back. That was with a roofrack and just an intake.

EDIT: BTW, if you're going that fast, there should be NO ONE around you.

I hit 125 before I started running out of road and pulled back. That was with a roofrack and just an intake.

EDIT: BTW, if you're going that fast, there should be NO ONE around you.

Absolutely true. And you should have visibility ahead and to the sides. I did it on a bridge. No risk to others and no chance something will jump out at me.

edit: good luck finding a track long enough for a P5 to max out :p

lol I would love to find a track that would let me get the P5 up to top speed. I haven't really gone over 90 for quite some time now and that's mainly because if there are any cars around me, I don't see a reason to put them in danger just because I feel like going fast. There's fun and then there's stupid. There's a real fine line between the two.

Absolutely true. And you should have visibility ahead and to the sides. I did it on a bridge. No risk to others and no chance something will jump out at me.

edit: good luck finding a track long enough for a P5 to max out :p

haha a bridge? thats the worst place to do it! if you wipe out... o man.

but i hit 115 auto : / it took a while

but top speed in 3rd gear can hit 95+

governer hits at 127mph
and 7200 RPM the rev limiter hits.
Um, not at 127... I've never had my P5 above 110 (around where 4th tops out) but 5th gear is good for like 165+ mph technically (the member 'Rogue' did a detailed calculation a while back). This is a heavily debated topic with the MSPs though. Still no reason to go that fast on public roads and unless you're on a NASCAR circle track, you're never going to see those speeds on a track either.

Acceleration > Top Speed

before my header, i went a little less than 180km/h but with my header on, i was able to go up to 190 and i felt like i could have gone a little higher(118mph). intake, header, muffler, on 16inches

ive hit 127. It took some long strech on a professional track

the ignition shut off with a governer like action.

Back