Max ET on a Mazda 2 ?

fane87

Hello.
I own a set of 16" OZ ultraleggera wheels with ET 37 with 195/45/16 tyres. I want to drag them out a little bit more just on the back.
Does anyone know what is the maximum ET that can be mounted with touching the wing ?
From stock wheel i gain 5mm on each wheel, from ET42 -> ET 37. That means 10 mm on axis.
Can i attach 15 mm spacers on the back ? That means by my calculation 30 mm on axis +10 mm from wheels = 40 mm total => ET 22 on each wheel

FWIW, I have +37 offset wheels. I run a 10mm Track+ spacer on the back to help the rears look as near-flush as the fronts. For a more perfectly even front to back look, I would recommend 15mm spacers for the rears.

So with 10 mm spacers and ET 37 offset wheels, you don't touch the wing ? That's good news. So you recommend 15 mm spacers. Do you have a picture to see how the M2 looks ?

FWIW, I have +37 offset wheels. I run a 10mm Track+ spacer on the back to help the rears look as near-flush as the fronts. For a more perfectly even front to back look, I would recommend 15mm spacers for the rears.

Depends on the width of the wheel, not so much the tire.

On the assumption that it's a 7" wide wheel, you'll be perfectly fine (no rubbing) running a 15mm spacer at stock and moderately lowered heights. I'm running 15x7 +32 all around, and am about 15mm from being completely flush in the rear, and 3mm in front.

That being said, I'd personally recommend running a bolt-on spacer, as you'll probably only get about 8 turns of thread with a 5 mm spacer, and rule of thumb is 10 to be safe.

I forgot to mention wheel width and tire size, sorry about that! I have 16x7 Sparco wheels +37 offset. I am running 205/45/16 tires. I have never come even close to rubbing front or rear, even with two kids and three ~150lb adults in the car (and it looked SUPER low). I have 10mm H&R track+ spacers on the rear. They bolt on, and have their own built in studs, so you'll never have any issues of running out of thread. If you would like to see photos of my car, look in the photos / build section, my car thread is unoriginally named: Silver Build.

IMAG0370.jpgIMAG0366.jpgIMAG0370.jpgIMAG0366.jpgIMAG0356.jpgIMAG0332.jpgIMAG0333.jpgThat's good. I have the same width 16x7 oz ultrallegera wheels but my tire is 195/45/16 so if i attach a 15 mm spacer it will be no problem. I have a coilover set from AP, and the dropping is no more than 30 mm on the back from the stock.
Thank you! I will keep in touch with the spacers. For now, i am using a 14" wheels for winter tires, so that i will not damage the summer tires and wheels.

I forgot to mention wheel width and tire size, sorry about that! I have 16x7 Sparco wheels +37 offset. I am running 205/45/16 tires. I have never come even close to rubbing front or rear, even with two kids and three ~150lb adults in the car (and it looked SUPER low). I have 10mm H&R track+ spacers on the rear. They bolt on, and have their own built in studs, so you'll never have any issues of running out of thread. If you would like to see photos of my car, look in the photos / build section, my car thread is unoriginally named: Silver Build.

Last edited:
From eyeballing, without knowing the offset of those, a 15mm space would be ideal. Do as inspekt did, and go with a bolt-on spacer though, the slip-ons may cause problems with a spacer that big. Looks good though. (nana)

Back