Manual Mazda5 - Need help with Replacement Part Numbers for exhaust

kgardnez

:
2012 Mazda 5
After just replacing a broken cat on my Mini I am thrilled to see that my 2012 Mazda5 is leaking at all the reinforcement welds on the 90 degree bends.

I'd prefer to replace after the cat from AP Exhaust PN 68539 for $77, but they list automatic transmission only.

Mazda is also showing different PNs for the automatic transmission L572-20-55X vs. manual transmission L587-20-55X (though the pictures and diagrams are 100% the same)

Has anyone dug into this?

1629210672319.png

1629210688269.png

1629210701679.png

Not yet, but I need to make a similar repair soon. I seem to only have one leak, so I may try welding a patch or replacing the elbow area with a bit of scrap elbow.

What source are you looking at? Offhand, I'm having trouble finding "5" exhaust at all (AZ, NAPA). Summit Racing lists the mid pipe 68539 for first-gen MT and AT, and second-gen AT, just like your diagram.

I'm interested to see what you come up with!

Just look for a dual exhaust from a Mazda 3. It fits perfectly! Just need to weld a few hangers in the back and that's it! Looks better and sounds better plus if you find it at a scrap yard it will be cheaper then buying new factory.
Ask me how I know this lol

Any updates on this? Just wondering what you ended up going with, cost, challenges with installation, etc.

Just look for a dual exhaust from a Mazda 3. It fits perfectly! Just need to weld a few hangers in the back and that's it! Looks better and sounds better plus if you find it at a scrap yard it will be cheaper then buying new factory.
Ask me how I know this lol
Do you have any pics available from those hangers?

My exhaust is getting bad and I've started planning changing it, what I have thinked, apparently old 2.0 exhaust is same as gen 2 Mazda 5 disi exhaust.
And I did find one used dual backbox from Mazda 3 locally here.
So if the hangers are easily fabricated, I could consider to buy new middle pipe Mazda 3 backbox..

Back