MAF Delete Question

EEYOrE7763

:
2003 Mazda Protege LX
any body running a setup MAF free with no CEL? If so how. I am putting together a daily driver with a reliable setup for 250-300hp, and want to get rid of the MAF sensor. Any recommendations?

You cant get rid of the MAF on the stock ecu. Nothing you can do about it. It is a rudimentary component of how the stock ecu runs the engine.

That's fine, but how about a piggyback or a standalone? do i need a MAF with those? Will I get a CEL with these types of components?

For our cars the only way to get rid of the MAF is stand alone, if you go stand alone you will have a CEL. Nothing connected to stock ecu=CEL

So just standalone. Well, have you every heard of anyone running standalone in "parallel" with the OEM ECU?

yes, i am running my haltech in parallel with the stock ecu. In my case all the stock ecu does is run the dash board (except for the tach-o). if you take a circuit away from the stock ecu it will trow a open circuit code.

So is there any other benefit to running these two components in parallel besides operating the dashboard? Or is a parallel operation pretty standard installation method with the Haltech?

when on stand alone you keep the stock ecu for two reasons:
1. Not enough outputs or inputs to run everything
2. Too lazy to rewire and program everything

Back