Lug nut torque?

:
23 CX-5 Premium
The CX-5 service manual that I downloaded here recently shows the following for lug nut torque:

(Nm {kgfm,ftlbf}) 108147 {1214, 80108}

Does this mean they're recommending a range of 80-108 pound feet? I'm used to seeing a single number (or at least a smaller range like "80-85 #ft").(uhm)

Looks like it to me. I'd interpret the min and max torque spec as 94 14 ft.lbf

I torqued it at 100. Normally you will have to retorque after a 100 miles or so. But even if you don't and it loosen a bit, you still have 20 lb slack for it to loosen before it goes to 80 lb (minimum) and you are still ok.

The CX-5 service manual that I downloaded here recently shows the following for lug nut torque:

(Nm {kgfm,ftlbf}) 108—147 {12—14, 80—108}

/QUOTE]

Paris, where in the service manual did you find that? I downloaded the whole thing and spent quite a while searching for lug torque, never found it. I did learn a bunch of other things, like what the Miller Cycle is... Anyway, thanks for posting your finding. I put my summer wheels on today, and not knowing what the official recommendation was, used 80. Looks like I prolly should go back out there tomorrow and snug 'em down a bit more.

(Nm {kgfm,ftlbf}) 108—147 {12—14, 80—108}

/QUOTE]

Paris, where in the service manual did you find that? Looks like I prolly should go back out there tomorrow and snug 'em down a bit more.
Suspension; Wheel & Tire Specifications

Dang, there it is. I looked right at it yesterday but did not see it. My wife would say this is typical. Thank you Paris!

Question

(Nm {kgfm,ftlbf}) 108147 {1214, 80108}

Does this mean they're recommending a range of 80-108 pound feet? I'm used to seeing a single number (or at least a smaller range like "80-85 #ft").(uhm)

Where did you download the service manual from?

I have always done the lower end, around 85-90ft-lbs. With that, you get about 800 pounds of clamping force per bolt. I don't see any real reason to go much higher.

I park mine at 87. Had it in for a tire rotation at the dealer a while back, I always check lug nut torque after service because nobody gets it right. Damn nuts turned about a half turn before they locked in at 87. Hate that.

Last edited:
Back