lowered with Progress springs...

Breeegz

Looking for John Connor
Contributor
:
2003 Protege 5 -- 2016 Ford Expedition
Well after 3 days of ass-pain and roadblock after road block, my springs are installed.

I ended up cutting both rear endlinks, and one of my front endlinks popped out of it's bushing, with no power tools and alone I hiked through my first lowering attempt... so I need to buy some more suspension stuff...

here is some pics

Attachments

• IMG_0318.JPG
    IMG_0318.JPG
    70.9 KB · Views: 1,933
  • IMG_0320.JPG
    IMG_0320.JPG
    87.2 KB · Views: 1,826
  • IMG_0321.JPG
    IMG_0321.JPG
    78.4 KB · Views: 1,746
  • IMG_0322.JPG
    IMG_0322.JPG
    44.1 KB · Views: 1,710
And before

a pic before

Attachments

• IMG_2878.JPG
    IMG_2878.JPG
    110.7 KB · Views: 1,597
wow i didn't know progress sat you so low. i like the look but i'll have to look else where for springs

I didn't know either, I thought I was buying MSP springs, but I guess it was "springs off my MSP" eh... rims in a week, I couldn't bring myself to go with new rims and no drop.

Can I replace that bushing in the front or should I just get the AWR adjsutable endlinks?

might as well get the endlinks. i plan a drop real soon and i figure i'd just upgrade since i'm most likely gonna bust em

The sky + mountains look unreal in the last pic...

^sunrise... it didn't come out that way from my camera, I had to add a graduated filter to get the sky to look right, I think it came out sweet... <--My wallpaper-->

Progress Vs Stock

Pic

Attachments

• IMG_2884.JPG
    IMG_2884.JPG
    50.6 KB · Views: 882
It's almost mandatory to have air tools to get the endlinks off. Combined with a good soaking of PB mine all came off with ease. Drive through dirt much?

1.5 all around, looks lower to me, although I never measured it before...

So far the ride is comparable to stock, (only slightly rougher) I am pleased

Nice choice! I've been riding on my Progress coils for over 80,000 kms and couldn't be happier. Combined with Tokico HP's they're a very streetable ride, yet work quite well for autocross. I also invested in an AWR (fat) rear sway bar and trailing links.

I was thinking about the KYB struts... Thoughts?

AWR 21.5 rear sway and front endlinks on my wishlist (Fathers day)... I can't believe how squishy my car feels without a rear sway... ARGH, maybe I'll get the endlinks welded.

My wife doesn't agree that my springs have an ok ride, however she did think my car rode rough stock.

Breeegz said:
I was thinking about the KYB struts... Thoughts?

AWR 21.5 rear sway and front endlinks on my wishlist (Fathers day)... I can't believe how squishy my car feels without a rear sway... ARGH, maybe I'll get the endlinks welded.

My wife doesn't agree that my springs have an ok ride, however she did think my car rode rough stock.

I don't think KYB makes any struts for the P5. Buy those goodies and some Tokicos :D

Have your wife ride in a car with coilovers to give her a good comparison of what it *could* be like (shocked)

^ true true lol... I almost bought coilovers... scary

Back