Looking for Mazda5 Wheel ideas

I’m looking for some new wheels and wondering if there are some good economical choices.

I am thinking of going down to a 16 due to all the potholes around here - I’ve got one bent rim.

What are acceptable offsets? There are more choices with around 45mm than 52.

Are any other OEM brands a good fit?

Thanks so much!

Thank you so much for this I’m not sure if they’re still available but I did see some on Facebook marketplace recently, so I’ll check into that

Thank you for this. I was wondering what the minimum offset would be and not rub. Much appreciated.

I went to TireRack.com, entered my year/make/model etc., selected 16" wheels with offsets from +45 to +52 mm, sorted by weight, and chose the lightest wheel they had that wasn't chrome or like $400 apiece. Ended up with a set of Sport Edition wheels. Never in a million years would I put them on par with an OE wheel – they are about as low-end as wheels get without being downright dangerous – but they've taken some serious hits and seem fine so far. Chalk one up for a sane (i.e. not pointlessly large) wheel diameter, I guess.

I strongly suggest sticking as close to stock offset as possible – not to avoid rubbing, but to minimize torque steer and not cause excess wear on the wheel bearings.

Last edited:
Reactions: SML
Back