Lighting in rain at night not good

The led lights in mazda cx 5 2017 is one of the best both in rain and no rain situation. Halogen lights as in my other cars never come up to that level. I have a feeling you have not checked it against halogen lights at the same time, same situation and place. Try it and you will be surprised. I have a lot of problem with night vision due to age (65+) but mazdas led headlights have given me more confidence to drive at night. Yes it gets terribly dark in Sweden at this time of the year. It feels night at 4PM, not to mention the rain.

Totally agree.Whilst not as old as your good self I find the led headlights in my 2018 CX5 very good in dark/rain etc. I now never think twice about driving in the dark. I will NEVER go back to halogen lights unless I really have to buy a poverty spec car in the future.

haha..reflectors and lines? Lucky you, you have lines! The CX's LED headlights (first LEDs I've owned) are far superior to any vehicle I've owned w/ halogen, past or present. I negotiated a set of OE fogs and stalk switc w/ the purchase of the CX5 and I installed them right away on my Touring. They do a decent job of taking care of the road illumination directly in front of the vehicle. I've read the posts de-rating them as a cosmetic feature.
To those I say, you realize, there is a fairly specific alignment procedure in the install manual that needs to be performed after installation (which I did after my install). I'd bet anything the alignment never happened at the factory (much like many factory wheel alignments that are never set properly from day one). The old 'close enough'. Anyone wants a copy of the install manual, PM me and I can get it to you. I keep them on all the time, as opposed to not, because....I can see more.

Back